See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed here Thursday-Monday whilst partaking at the Sydney tattoo expo. Managed to get a single room and requested a quiet area in the backpackers. Just from experience they're usually abit noisey. I got what I asked for a nice single, spacious room with fridge, sink and tv. Choice! Excellent management and the place was constantly clean. Even the other guests were polite and quiet. Good value for money and for me ideal location. Thanks guys will be using again.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 31 January 2015

Booked two nights and upon arrival, was told i would have to stay across the road and then come over in the morning to change rooms. Was told to be over by 10:00 as if I was checking out, so I didn't get a lie in, which I had been looking forward to and was exhausted. When I went over in the morning, I was told I had to wait to get into my room because others had to check out first. If they knew that, I should have been given a later time to go over at. When I enquired as to the best way to get to the airport, I was offered no help, advise or assistance. When I asked if they did a shuttle bus, they simply said no. When I asked if they had info on buses and timetables, they just said no. When I asked if they had any taxi numbers, they said they would look one up and get it to me, which they never did. The room the first night was very small and there was only one communal toilet downstairs, but the room the second night was fine. It was the staff attitude that spoiled my experience.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Snedges
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here when we got into Sydney in December 2013. We spend ages looking around all the hostels but everywhere is really expensive especially over the Christmas period. I stumbled across this hostel and got a very good deal. We ended up staying with them for a month while we took in the sites of Sydney and seen the new year in. We had our own room with a bunk bed for the same price as a 16 bed dorm in your average hostel. It is primary aimed at students that are studying etc so it is not like your normal hostel. Jeanette is lovely and made us laugh and was very helpful in our stay. Surrey hills is a lovely area with some nice bars and restaurants and is within 30/40 mins walk into the centre.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just spent a couple of days with the gang here at Sinclair's City Hostel and I need to say thanks to everyone as I had a great time and was made to feel welcome by the warm and friendly staff & lodgers.

Thanks to Lyndsay, Ulla and everyone around the place as the hostel has a great location and their tips on places to go and things to do where spot on.

The accommodation was clean, tidy and all of the common area's seemed to be the same so I had nothing to complain about and believe me I have stayed in some dodgy joints and this is not one of them.

I will definitely be back and can't wait for my next trip.

Brett Strong

Room tip: If you have the chance take the opportunity to head down the coast to relax and enjoy Sinclair's Country Retreat at Lake Conjola on the NSW South Coast. WOW that is a fantastic place that has to be experienced.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

- My trip was a nightmare, no air conditioning in the rooms, small areas, no breakfast since 2014, the owners are friendly at the beginning and very unpleasant after.
- There are a couple that do not work much (kitchen and commune shower not clean every day (worms...)... it's a shame !
- The only piece to live is closed at 22h ... after we go outside or in the rooms, and smoking is the same, you can not smoke on the balcony, which is closed in the evening ....
- I slept in a room that was not listed on the emergency evacuation plan.

Room tip: for the same price I suggest you a YHA
Date of stay: January 2014