“Excellent No-Frills Burger, Better Chicken”
Review of Mary's Newtown

Mary's Newtown
Ranked #249 of 6,142 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The Cheeseburger and Mary's burger are very good, no frills burgers. The fried chicken is some of the best around though.

Prepare for a long queue if you go on an evening. Also prepare for not much conversation on an evening as the music is way to loud to speak over. Great tunes though if you're a fan of rock/metal especially.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Everyone that I bring to this venue loves it. The burger is delicious and the place is really cool. The good taste on music is a definitely a bonus!!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Very cool but very very dark which means can't see the food. I'm not a big fan of hamburgers, specially on sweet rolls with slimy sauce. BUT my co diners were in love. Chips French fries style everywhere. Mashed potatoe with gravy. Really. I had the mushroom burger and felt like a tiny human had spray painted plastic on to the roof of my mouth. Best bit was spicy Mary which came with a slab of bacon and cheese perched on top of the glass. A meal in itself. To be fair not my style of food. Others seem to love it. Not bad value at $15 dollars for my burger and $18 for my Bloody Mary.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I've been and both times I just didn't feel the burgers were worth the amount that we were being asked for. With that said, they were still tasty, but I can think of other burger places with cheaper burgers that I would rather go to next time.

1  Thank Nate M
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Super impressed with the mushroom burger!
Service was on point & will be back again! Highly recommend!