“Tasty food at a reasonable price !”

Chinatown Noodle King
Ranked #836 of 6,741 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Took my husband here after reading all the positive reviews and wanting something different to his usual choice (burgers or schnitzel).
We both were completely satisfied with all the food we ordered, everything was off the chart in terms of flavour !
Husband ordered beef noodle soup. The broth was so flavoursome and rich with little tasty treats of fresh ginger root and star anise floating about. Hand made noodles just so yum silky and tender. Beef tender and tasty.
I ordered double cooked pork with noodles and spicy sauce....OMG ! Slightly spicy and salty, so fragrant, the first bite is like an explosion in your mouth...a good one! We both thought this dish was wonderful.
We also shared the green onion pancakes, so simple, crispy and tasty. Also the pan fried pork and chive dumpling, once again delicious.
Could not fault the food.
What made it even better was the price. All of the above plus a corona and a coke came up to just under $50.
Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Price: Average
Portion: 5/5
Service: Decent, I went for late dinner (not many people), waiters/waitresses are ESL so best to be patient and speak more clearly when ordering

Hand-made Dumpling (Fried - Pork & Chives) - 4/5 - Perfectly fried and skin not too thick/thin. Could have had more juice/soup inside the dumpling

Spicy Chicken - 4.5/5 - Great with 2 options boneless or on-the-bone, great taste and actually spicy. A bit on the higher end of price for a chicken dish

Tea is included with your meal :)

You can follow me on Instagram: alexyduongy

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stumbled across this place with friends a few years ago. We love the food and have never been disappointed! The pan fried vege dumplings + beef handmade noodle are our go-to choices. The chicken with chili dish is also fantastic. The icing on the cake is the purple couches upstairs!

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Couldn't fault the food, dumplings and pancakes were delicious! Fast service, leaving happy and full!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Had a mapo tofu, maybe just caught them on a bad day given the rave reviews everyone else is writing. The sauce was like water, no mince at all. Tofu was large blocks with pretty crude texture which I didn't mind but it was just not nice to eat.

Warning- don't buy any of the drinks that aren't packaged. The staff are the silly idiot student types who just stand around. I ordered an iced lychee tea. I felt sick watching her make and mix it from behind the cash register. It was served to me in a glass mug half full. Looked half drunk by someone else. Tasted sickly. She just had no idea. Then when I asked for a receipt, that was a drama too even though the register produced computer printed tax invoices.