“Yummy!!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Description: Awesome cafe in Surry Hills. caters for all dietary requirements. Breakfast and lunch only. Closed Monday's. Great service. Healthy, interesting, balanced meals. Love it.
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was in Surry Hills looking for a place to have a quick breakfast and came across Mad Spuds Café. We had to wait 10 min outside for a table, but it was worth it. I had the Vegan Brekkie Stack and it was absolutely delicious. The waitress was very friendly and quick. No wonder why they were packed. I will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere... tucked away near the food strip on crown in surry hills...coffee and food both healthy and wholesome....owner/barista Lou really friendly and welcoming!!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

In a block of 4-5 cafes, Mad Spuds has one of the most reasonable prices.

I have been coming to Mad Spuds for several years and it has always been consistent and delicious.

Recently I had brunch and there were 2 new drinks, Turmeric Latte and Red Vanilla Latte. On 1st serve, Tumeric Latte was just luke warm. A short word to the owner and it was replaced immediately with no dramas. Just how service should be. Tumeric Latte is a bit trendy but it reminded me of curries. The Red Vanilla tasted like a cupcake and I enjoyed it.

We had the Eggs Benedict and avocado with eggs. I forgot to take pictures of it, so sorry. I saw a vegan stack go pass me and it looked good. Will try that next time

1  Thank Love_Life_Sydney
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

What a great place!! Baked spud or sweet potato menu. Plus salads, smoothies and other meals. Had a SP topped with smashed avo and spicy beef. Delicious

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Mar17- beef taco skins were pretty good . Apparently it's not very Irish other than the fact that they use potatoes, according to my Irish colleague.