See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Macquarie hotel is in a beautiful old pub which has a really lovely history and atmosphere.
It located in Syd CBD, walking distance from central station and was in a perfect location for me as I was doing some sight seeing and didn't have a car.
I highly recommend this for anyone travelling around wanting to explore the city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Recommend it as a hip place with great rooms and good beer..food is a bit hard to get..lots of changes with restaurant..but really clean upgraded rooms.. stay here.its really nice. We are from up the coast and have actually been staying here for over 30 years when its was just a pub pulling beer fod locals and the old C.I.B Detectives but lots have changed.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank The Easy Goers ... O
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The mac has been one of my favourite sydney live music venues for many years now, and I've had the pleasure for staying for the weekend on a few seperate occasions in the last 12 months.

The bar area is awesome, thick with old world charm and rich in ambience and warmth. Super friendly bar staff serve up top notch beers brewed downstairs in their very own brewery with no shortage of everything else you could want, on offer.

Accomodation is excellent quality. Some rooms are more recently re-furbed than others (I've stayed in a few different rooms :p), but even the older rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel reception staff are friendly, and bend over backwards to help you out. Even the bar staff are happy to help out when you roll in for a late check in after reception closes. (oops)

Lastly, I would like to say, I have NEVER seen a band here I haven't liked. I've usually never heard of them, but they're always top notch, and predominantly funky as hell! Viva la Mac! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

After a stay in another hotel which was hell we moved to Macquarie Boutique for our last few nights in Sydney. What a great decision, contacted reception and they had a room ready for us within an hour.

Worked out to be a great base as transport was very close (hop on hop off 200m and 5minutes to central station) and we were straight out to Bondi, Coogee, the harbour and all the usual touristy spots.

Another big plus was the free WIFI and not your usual login sites, funny password by the staff :)

Basic rooms and very clean. Super comfy pillows in the bed which was great after a day out and about.

Finally have to mention the staff, they were super which always makes a place so much more enjoyable, always there to help and great fun. Thanks to chef as well for some lovely meals which went down great with the in house home brew, what more could we ask for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma N
Reviewed 22 July 2013

No full time reception. Third floor office open sometimes.
You are on your own. Had to change rooms, first one unacceptable. The first floor is a bar, second floor a resturant. The website picture is deceiving.

• Stayed: June 2013