Macquarie Boutique Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sydney
See available hotels
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    Veriu Central(Sydney)
    • Room Service
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 January 2014

The mac has been one of my favourite sydney live music venues for many years now, and I've had the pleasure for staying for the weekend on a few seperate occasions in the last 12 months.

The bar area is awesome, thick with old world charm and rich in ambience and warmth. Super friendly bar staff serve up top notch beers brewed downstairs in their very own brewery with no shortage of everything else you could want, on offer.

Accomodation is excellent quality. Some rooms are more recently re-furbed than others (I've stayed in a few different rooms :p), but even the older rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel reception staff are friendly, and bend over backwards to help you out. Even the bar staff are happy to help out when you roll in for a late check in after reception closes. (oops)

Lastly, I would like to say, I have NEVER seen a band here I haven't liked. I've usually never heard of them, but they're always top notch, and predominantly funky as hell! Viva la Mac! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 October 2013

After a stay in another hotel which was hell we moved to Macquarie Boutique for our last few nights in Sydney. What a great decision, contacted reception and they had a room ready for us within an hour.

Worked out to be a great base as transport was very close (hop on hop off 200m and 5minutes to central station) and we were straight out to Bondi, Coogee, the harbour and all the usual touristy spots.

Another big plus was the free WIFI and not your usual login sites, funny password by the staff :)

Basic rooms and very clean. Super comfy pillows in the bed which was great after a day out and about.

Finally have to mention the staff, they were super which always makes a place so much more enjoyable, always there to help and great fun. Thanks to chef as well for some lovely meals which went down great with the in house home brew, what more could we ask for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Emma N
    Reviewed 22 July 2013

No full time reception. Third floor office open sometimes.
    You are on your own. Had to change rooms, first one unacceptable. The first floor is a bar, second floor a resturant. The website picture is deceiving.

• Stayed: June 2013
    3  Thank James R
    Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by the lovely receptionist who already had our room ready and checked us in straight away. The room we had was very spacious and the beds were amazing and so comfortable! Housekeepers were always kind and the receptionists were always very helpful and the best part is the WIFI is also FREE!!

Its very close to Public Transport and the shops are just up the road which was very convenient for me. The pub downstairs was also a good choice to socialise and taste some of the beer they brew themselves.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Most definitely!! I look forward to staying there again

Thank you for making me stay a comfortable and enjoyable one!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Jake B
    Reviewed 20 October 2012

The Macquarie Boutique Hotel (also known as the Schwartz Brewery and most recently renamed the Sydney Brewhouse); is a great pub just on the edge of the inner city (nearest Surry Hills and not far from Central Station). It jumps and jives with wonderful live music; there is a brewery downstairs; there's food; there's a couple of party venues and the place is a good late nighter (open until about 2:00am on a busy weekend night). The people are 'transient' so there are no real 'regulars' and everyone seems to flow in and out of The Mac as it is known and to be friendly to one another. Hotel guests (those staying in accommodation) visit the bar and can luckily retire upstairs to the clean, no fuss rooms without having to seek a taxi although cabs a relatively easy to catch from this venue. Public transport is readily available just up the hill at Oxford Street or down the hill from Elizabeth. Always a really fun night and a great place to go with friends. There's pool and other 'entertainment' items thrown in as well if you're into that ... and a take-away bottle-o if you're going to a restaurant close by and need to grab something to take with you. A great place for quality live music. I always come back to The Mac.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends