10,001 results
All reviews circular quay great location wynyard station corner room pillow menu excellent hotel comfortable bed opera house room service business trip george street great room buffet breakfast would stay again an upgrade central location mini bar
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Good hotel for the price. Centric location in Sydney close to the Opera and other touristic attractions. Breakfast is not recommended, expensive for the cost. Beds are too soft and could not be changed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Anna5000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your experience at the Amora Jamison Sydney and in particular that the convenient location of our hotel further complimented your stay.

One of our most popular highlights of our guest room is our new Amora Plush beds. We do offer a firm mattress topper to our guests during their stay if they find our current mattress is too soft for their liking. We additionally offer a range of different pillows from our pillow menu, should a guest require during their stay.

On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Spent a night here after booking through Agoda and was pleasantly surprised.
Upgraded to a great corner room on the fifteenth floor which had a good view of the city buildings and big bathroom with a full bath. Being a Sunday night had room service and enjoyed my Angus burger with fries followed by apple strudel with honeycomb & ice cream both of which I can recommend. The bed was comfy as were the pillows and the room was very clean and well stocked with robes, slippers, plenty of clothes hangers and a good range of toiletries. Whilst I didn't use it, there was a well stocked mini bar.
The only downer on my visit was that the TV did not work in the morning and came up with no signal but to be fair I didn't call to get it looked at.
If you need a room down towards the Circular Quay end of the city I would recommend this hotel for its service, value, and location. Bear in mind that due to construction work there are some street closures around and it is in the city so not whisper quiet for light sleepers.
I will be staying here again when the opportunity presents itself.

Room Tip: Room reviewed was great but not sure on actual pricing so check when booking
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Danny I,

Thank you for taking the time to share you great review from your recent stay.

We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and giving outstanding service. I am pleased to learn that you really enjoy staying with us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and valued loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We disembarked the Celebrity Solstice and taxied to the hotel quite early. We checked in and we were told the rooms might be ready at noon and probably by 2PM. To our great delight, as we were up quite early our rooms were ready before 11AM. The room was quite nicely furnished and very clean. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub. Our room included breakfast which was opened for about 4 hours. There were many selections and everything was very fresh. One could walk to Circular Quay, Chinatown, the Queen Victoria Market and other shopping venues. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Janice621,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. The Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney prides itself on our level of “True Amora service" philosophy and ensuring satisfaction in every aspect. I am glad to learn that this was demonstrated throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Great hotel, perfect location. The room was big, the bed extremely comfortable, huge bathroom. Plenty elevators, you never have to wait for them. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy beautiful Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Anton B,

We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided the hotel. As a 5 star hotel, we pride ourselves on the service we deliver and we are pleased to learn that your experience reflects the high standards that we strive to achieve.

On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stayed here for a work related workshop that I was attending next door so the location was perfect. Location overall is good as it's relatively central to everything and about a 15-20 minute brisk walk to Chinatown and not far for a run across the bridge in the morning. It's everything you'd expect from a business style hotel - except I made the mistake of leaving my ubiquitous i-phone charger at home and I could not believe that they could not lend me one overnight - I had to leave my phone at the desk to recharge or use the unattended charging station the concierge desk. Small inconvenience but when you are ranking stays at hotels that are very similar in their offerings, it is the small things that make a difference. Service other than this was good and the staff were friendly.
As has been mentioned it is nice to see standard rooms with baths and not just a shower cubicle. Just remember to pull the blinds down when using the bathrooms to avoid putting on a show for the neighbours in close proximity. I was at the conference centre next door on the 13th floor which looked directly into the bathroom of one of the rooms. Naked mum bending over to help her child in the bath was bad enough but when naked dad put his leg up on the bath to shave and did his very best naked Matt Shirvington impression it was a bit too much to take at 9.00am!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank The_wifes_concierge

Dear the_wifes_concierge,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent experience at the Amora Jamison Sydney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our facilities, in particular the large bath tubs, and service from our staff were appreciated. It is great to hear that our very central location suited all your business and leisurely needs perfectly.

I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone and we look forward to your return in the near future.