Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$149
Radisson Blu
US$134
US$114
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$172
US$167
  • Room Service
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$184
  • Pool
Central Railway Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$92
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$162
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$212
US$176
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$124
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$144
InterContinental Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$169
9,557 results
All reviewscircular quaygreat locationwynyard stationcorner roomexcellent hotelpillow menucomfortable bedopera houseroom servicebusiness tripgeorge streetgreat roombuffet breakfastwould stay againan upgradecentral locationmini bar
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We disembarked the Celebrity Solstice and taxied to the hotel quite early. We checked in and we were told the rooms might be ready at noon and probably by 2PM. To our great delight, as we were up quite early our rooms were ready before 11AM. The room was quite nicely furnished and very clean. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub. Our room included breakfast which was opened for about 4 hours. There were many selections and everything was very fresh. One could walk to Circular Quay, Chinatown, the Queen Victoria Market and other shopping venues. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Janice621,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. The Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney prides itself on our level of “True Amora service" philosophy and ensuring satisfaction in every aspect. I am glad to learn that this was demonstrated throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Great hotel, perfect location. The room was big, the bed extremely comfortable, huge bathroom. Plenty elevators, you never have to wait for them. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy beautiful Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Anton B,

We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided the hotel. As a 5 star hotel, we pride ourselves on the service we deliver and we are pleased to learn that your experience reflects the high standards that we strive to achieve.

On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stayed here for a work related workshop that I was attending next door so the location was perfect. Location overall is good as it's relatively central to everything and about a 15-20 minute brisk walk to Chinatown and not far for a run across the bridge in the morning. It's everything you'd expect from a business style hotel - except I made the mistake of leaving my ubiquitous i-phone charger at home and I could not believe that they could not lend me one overnight - I had to leave my phone at the desk to recharge or use the unattended charging station the concierge desk. Small inconvenience but when you are ranking stays at hotels that are very similar in their offerings, it is the small things that make a difference. Service other than this was good and the staff were friendly.
As has been mentioned it is nice to see standard rooms with baths and not just a shower cubicle. Just remember to pull the blinds down when using the bathrooms to avoid putting on a show for the neighbours in close proximity. I was at the conference centre next door on the 13th floor which looked directly into the bathroom of one of the rooms. Naked mum bending over to help her child in the bath was bad enough but when naked dad put his leg up on the bath to shave and did his very best naked Matt Shirvington impression it was a bit too much to take at 9.00am!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank The_wifes_concierge
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear the_wifes_concierge,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent experience at the Amora Jamison Sydney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our facilities, in particular the large bath tubs, and service from our staff were appreciated. It is great to hear that our very central location suited all your business and leisurely needs perfectly.

I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Enjoyed my 1 week stay at the Amora Hotel in October.

Location: I was there for business and location was perfect for me going to Shelley St and Martin Pl. Easy to find and there are convenient stores nearby. Short wak going to the Opera House too.

Room: Stayed at 16/F - nice room and view. Toiled/Bath was spacious which I really liked.

Service: Staff were helpful in general. Those that delivered room service were extra nice. Had some trouble with the internet one night and took a while to resolve - they said they will inform me once working but I had to call and ask Reception the next day to follow-up.

Food: Ordered room service twice - food was just okay, nothing special.. but I enjoyed the unexpected free M&Ms!

Transportation: Was waiting for a cab to the airport morning of Sunday and someone noticed and told me they have airport service (fixed rate of $55). Great deal and very spacious van. Loved it!

Room Tip: High floor for great view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear RuthieSolis,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your post on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location within the Sydney business precinct, the room service dining experience, and the views from your room.

I do apologise that you encountered some issues with the complimentary wifi on this occasion and some communication areas did not meet your expectations. I am although pleased that the issue was resolved and overall you considered all staff to be of a high level of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

A standard 2 x double bed room is never going to be something to write home about, but it wasn’t anything to complain about either. Overall a very pleasant stay.

The staff were in general very lovely, the gents who man the front doors were amazing, with welcoming gestures as they opened the door for you and well wishes every time you left the building, it leaves a really great taste in your mouth as a first and last impression, well played. They ran onto the street to wave taxis into the hotel pickup and took your bags on arrival to deliver to your room.

Reception staff were overall pleasant, checkout was a bit of a flustered mission with little interaction or pleasantries, likely due to the busy demand of the staff at the time, but no excuses none-the-less.

The room was very nice, clean and well presented. Quite spacious, especially the bathroom which could easily fit a few of you in at the same time.

A few negatives about the bathroom however; the water in the shower was impossible to control, it was either scolding hot, or Luke warm. There was a 1mm setting that you could work the tap to that was bareable, but you were likely to be badly burnt in the process.
Any water being on (shower or toilet refilling) caused a horrendous noise through the walls also. This was very frustrating and off putting.

While there were no views from our room (23rd floor), only office windows a few meters away, there was extremely good privacy with 3 levels of protection. Full blockout blinds, sheers and thick curtains. You could turn day to night, a big plus when needed.

Overall, I’d be back, but I would have to have a room with a properly functioning shower and water.

Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Helijes_151,

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review following an enjoyable stay here at the Amora Jamison Sydney. Our entire team are thrilled that you had an amazing stay and that you thought so highly of our service, it is always a pleasure being able to create a memorable and welcoming stay for all guests.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the in-room showers. I have shared your comments with my maintenance manager to follow up on this incident and verify ways that we can avoid this, so it is not an issue going forward. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you and thank you for bring it to our attention.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney on many future occasions.