“Good location, awesome stay”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #21 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Enjoyed my 1 week stay at the Amora Hotel in October.

Location: I was there for business and location was perfect for me going to Shelley St and Martin Pl. Easy to find and there are convenient stores nearby. Short wak going to the Opera House too.

Room: Stayed at 16/F - nice room and view. Toiled/Bath was spacious which I really liked.

Service: Staff were helpful in general. Those that delivered room service were extra nice. Had some trouble with the internet one night and took a while to resolve - they said they will inform me once working but I had to call and ask Reception the next day to follow-up.

Food: Ordered room service twice - food was just okay, nothing special.. but I enjoyed the unexpected free M&Ms!

Transportation: Was waiting for a cab to the airport morning of Sunday and someone noticed and told me they have airport service (fixed rate of $55). Great deal and very spacious van. Loved it!

Room Tip: High floor for great view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear RuthieSolis,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your post on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at the Amora Jamison Sydney. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location within the Sydney business precinct, the room service dining experience, and the views from your room.

I do apologise that you encountered some issues with the complimentary wifi on this occasion and some communication areas did not meet your expectations. I am although pleased that the issue was resolved and overall you considered all staff to be of a high level of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (9,108)

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

A standard 2 x double bed room is never going to be something to write home about, but it wasn’t anything to complain about either. Overall a very pleasant stay.

The staff were in general very lovely, the gents who man the front doors were amazing, with welcoming gestures as they opened the door for you and well wishes every time you left the building, it leaves a really great taste in your mouth as a first and last impression, well played. They ran onto the street to wave taxis into the hotel pickup and took your bags on arrival to deliver to your room.

Reception staff were overall pleasant, checkout was a bit of a flustered mission with little interaction or pleasantries, likely due to the busy demand of the staff at the time, but no excuses none-the-less.

The room was very nice, clean and well presented. Quite spacious, especially the bathroom which could easily fit a few of you in at the same time.

A few negatives about the bathroom however; the water in the shower was impossible to control, it was either scolding hot, or Luke warm. There was a 1mm setting that you could work the tap to that was bareable, but you were likely to be badly burnt in the process.
Any water being on (shower or toilet refilling) caused a horrendous noise through the walls also. This was very frustrating and off putting.

While there were no views from our room (23rd floor), only office windows a few meters away, there was extremely good privacy with 3 levels of protection. Full blockout blinds, sheers and thick curtains. You could turn day to night, a big plus when needed.

Overall, I’d be back, but I would have to have a room with a properly functioning shower and water.

Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Helijes_151,

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review following an enjoyable stay here at the Amora Jamison Sydney. Our entire team are thrilled that you had an amazing stay and that you thought so highly of our service, it is always a pleasure being able to create a memorable and welcoming stay for all guests.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the in-room showers. I have shared your comments with my maintenance manager to follow up on this incident and verify ways that we can avoid this, so it is not an issue going forward. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you and thank you for bring it to our attention.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney on many future occasions.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

A very hospitable hotel. An upgrade to a suite on 31st floor without even asking. Fantastic service, nothing is too much trouble. Special mention to the great service by Lin in the Jamison Room. Highly commended for exceptional customer service, friendly & very helpful Will be coming back for sure and looking forward to it already !!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Mick T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney.
Upon reading your feedback I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for the positive comments you have shared regarding Lin. It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback concerning our employees and the good job they are doing in looking after our guests. This also gives me the opportunity to share this with our team and praise staff who are continuously and effortlessly providing the excellent service.
On behalf of our entire team here at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, we thank you for your support and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here this week and wish we had stayed longer. It is close to everything as much as you can be in Sydney. Rooms are beautiful. The bed is super comfy and the linen was very clean. Choice of pillows was also excellent and clean. Great shower and bathroom. Iron and board all worked and TV was good size. Concierge were very helpful as were check in staff. Didnt eat here as we were out most of the time. Overall it was a great place to stay and for a regular traveller this is first class without the price tag. Great value and heartily recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear josephn859,

Thank you for your generous words regarding your recent experience at the Amora Jamison Sydney. I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the location of the hotel and our Amora Plush Beds.
As a five star hotel, we are constantly striving to provide flawless service at every occasion, and I am so glad you found our concierge and reception staff to be a great help in answering any queries throughout your stay.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Amora Jamison Sydney in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

The Amora Hotel is very well located in close proximity to the Rocks and Circular Quay as well as the CBD. The rooms are excellent with very comfortable beds and I would highly recommend the hotel whether for a business trip or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Abhishek S, Manager at Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear 21barryl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is in a prime location in Sydney CBD and within walking distance to the major Sydney attractions, We are pleased to learn that this enhanced your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.