“Beautiful! We will be back!”

Roslyn Gardens Service Apartments/Motor Inn
Roslyn Gardens Service Apartments/Motor Inn
Ranked #135 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Canada
“Beautiful! We will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

My friend and I were looking for a hostel to stay last minute on a busy booked up weekend in Sydney but found this serviced apartment for a great deal and scooped it up. Great location, right near Kings cross but it the safe, non-sketchy part in Elizabeth bay. A park is right behind it on a little harbour. I really got the local feel staying here. Cute little balcony looking over the street. The staff was medium to very friendly, and very helpful. It felt safe and quiet and was very roomy and clean. Loved it!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends

nz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2008

i liked this hotel, good clean rooms, although the building is a bit run down but they doa good job keeping it clean, it has a lovelly garden, but that means there is a few flies around i had to use insect repelent, but they provide fly sprays in the rooms if you decide to sleep with window open.
while i was there they were upgrading their fire systems so a little bit of noise, but over all i liked it and i would go back again.

• Liked — the garden
  • Disliked — car park was a bit of a squeeze
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

I stayed here for 6 nites with my family (3 children). I have requested a family unit. Upon arrival 10am I was immediately given a unit which was not in the same buiding as the motel but was directed to another unit accross the street. The unit has full kitchen facilities inclusive of stove, oven, microwave, utensils, pots and pans. In terms of the beds, there was 1 single bed, 2 bunk bed and sofa bed. A dvd player and flat tv. The unit is more like an apartment on its own.

It is located 7 minutes from the King Cross Station which is convenient as it is 2 stations away from Bondi Junction and Town Hall which is mainly the shopping area.

I took the airport shuttle from the airport (AUD$12 per person) and took us 30-40mins.

Overall, I would recommend this place for budget conscious people like me and just a place to sleep comfortably. The previous week I had also stayed in Westin Sydney which was more expensive and the expectation is different when you are paying half the rate you are paying there. In conclusion, it is usually 'you get what you pay'.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — carpet not that clean
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank aimantakkisah
Wellington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2008

We stayed here for three nights while in Sydney, it seemed like a reasonably priced hotel with a great location. When we arrived there was flyspray in the room which we thought was a bit odd but soon realised why after our first night when we found three different types of bugs and fleas in our bed. We complained and they moved us to another room, insisting that this had never happened before. I opened a cupboard in the new room and there was a flea bomb inside. We were bitten the following two nights allthough not as badly as the first night there. The bites didn't bother us too much at the time but a week later they are extremely itchy, swollen and infected. We have over a hundred bites each on our faces, arms, legs and well, pretty much everywhere. Stay here at your own risk.

• Disliked — Fleas and bugs.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank moose08

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2008

I was slightly disappointed with these serviced apartments. The apartments are approximately a 10 minutes walk from Kings Cross Station. The walk is ok in day time. If you are a single traveller I do not recommend this walk by yourself especially at night. The rooms were small and the bathrooms needed extreme renovation. However the kitchen was well appointed and was well set out. Ideal apartments for young travellers who will visit Sydney during the day and maybe have a few drinks in Kings Cross on a night. But would not recommend for families!! Good for the money I paid, but I would feel robbed If I had paid anymore than I did. So my word of advice is shop around for the best rate.

• Liked — Cost - Distance to Kings Cross Entertainment Area
  • Disliked — Layout of rooms, The walk from Kings Cross to the apartments
  • Stayed December 2007
1 Thank limerickonline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Kings Cross
#2 of 174 in Sydney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,041 reviews
Darlinghurst
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney

Been to Roslyn Gardens Service Apartments/Motor Inn? Share your experiences!