All reviewsrpa hospitalcar spaceking stsydney universityrubbish binsseparate toiletbedroom apartmentweek staywashing machinelounge roomwi fiquiet streetvery pleasant stayconvenience storean updatepublic transportlaundry
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 3 nights for a work course that was being held at the nearby Sydney university.
Location was fantastic with plenty of food and drink options nearby! The cafe directly across the road is a must!
Staff were lovely at check in and when ever coming past front reception they always greeted you warmly, but sadly that's where the good stuff about this hotel ends.
I fail to see how this hotel can possibly be rated 4 stars - 3 stars would be a stretch in my opinion!
Room was disgusting, smelt of cigarette smoke, mattress was hard and crunchy with springs creeping and cracking under you, pillows were lacking Shape or form making for uncomfortable sleeping at best. Bathroom was filthy, stank of mould and was clearly leaking into nearby skirting boards making the room, once the cigarette smell left reeking of musty, mildew smell. Plus the floor looked like it hadn't seen a mop in years!
Wardrobe cupboard space had drawers which were taken up with spare house keeping items - cushion covers, valance and mattress protector meaning I couldn't utilise.... seems pointless to provide drawers then render them useless!
In all this hotel was overpriced and not worth the $$$ paid. I had other colleagues who paid slightly more for much better accomodation nearby - so do your research.
Please see attached photos of bathroom mould, water leaks, useless drawers and quite possibly the most amount of dust around a table I have ever seen!!! YUK!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Skelts02
Ben W, General Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Hi Skelts02

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel, I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the reception team.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with the upkeep of your room during your stay.I can advise you that this is not the usual standard of our rooms and we often get positive feedback regarding our rooms.

The pictures you have provided along with the feedback has been past onto the housekeeping team. Your feedback has allowed us to further consult our housekeeping team and ensure the rooms are up to the standard that we represent and ensure this does not happen again.

We hope we can welcome you back to our property in the near future to provide you with a positive experience and the high quality of service that Adara Camperdown represents.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Rather tired apartment, kitchen very dated, stove top around hot plates burned. Toilet bowl outside long black hair.
Overpriced for dated acommadation.
Staff friendly.
Noisy as to be expected as on busy street.

Room Tip: Ask for room not on street front
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Gkenhin

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the staff friendly. I am sorry to hear that your found our kitchen dated, and the stove top burnt. I would like to advise you that we will be undergoing a kitchen refurbishment for our rooms in the near future. Your comment regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom has been passed onto our executive housekeeper to ensure problems like this do not occur.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Adara in a one bedroom apartment for one night. Denise at check in was very friendly and accommodating. She even called me to let me know my room was ready well before the agreed time. The apartment was spacious and had everything I needed. The TV wouldn't work on all channels. Staff tried to fix it and I was offered to be moved to a different room. Spacious kitchen, washing machine and balcony were a bonus. Noise was a bit of an issue, however not enough to deter me from returning to Adara. Value for money a plus.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Front staff Always disappear but very friendly and helpful. We arrived this place 4 hours early but the reception help us to find the room and check in straight away. We got the room with balcony. It was great stay for 7 days

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Ben W, General Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi JasonKeith

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our reception team. I am glad they were able to check you in immediately when you arrived. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to our reception team. We hope to welcome you back to Adara Camperdown in the near future.

Kind Regards
Ben White

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

So this was our first visit to Sydney #Lovedit! And we were pleasantly surprised at the accomodation provided here, for the price! In such a good area, close to the restaurant & bar district just a stroll away or quick cab ride?
No pay TV :(?

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Garry J

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is great to hear that you loved your first visit to Sydney and you found the area convenient for restaurants and bars just a stroll away from our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for your next stay in Sydney.

Kind Regards