Napoleon on Kent
Novotel
US$174
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$140
US$208
US$197
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$131
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$149
  • Pool
All reviewswynyard stationstudio apartmentdarling harbourcooking facilitiesper nightthe sofa bedcruise terminalwalking distanceseparate bedroomstay there againself cateringawesome locationliving areasized roomstayed here for nightscircular keylight sleeper
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Althought the location is good the room I had was tired, and in need of redocorating. When I arrived the lift wasn't working so I had to carry one of my cases up the stairs. Not good after a 23 hour flight.
The cleaning was substandard. Previous guests hair all over the carpet, walls dirty, bath stained and smelt of old food.
I specifically requested an apartment so i could cook for myself. However there was no cooker and slightly defeated the object of booking an apartment.
The reception were as helpful as could be expected.
I was due to stay there for 8 weeks and I informed my company I would not be staying there any longer then the first week.
In all if you need a few nights stay with a good location then go for it. Any longer I would suggest moving out of the CBD and getting a train.
I moved to North Sydney and got the train in to Wynard, it only takes 7 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

On my last trip to Sydney I stayed at the Travelodge Wynard and was very disappointed and vowed to never stay there again. Problem was I was travelling on business and the travel allowance provided by my employer did cover many hotels in the area.

Finally I found the Napoleon on Kent and decided that it had to be better than the Travelodge and I am so glad I stayed.

Location was very convenient - close to the training venue I had to go to.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. When I checked in I found there was a flickering room in my studio room. The lady on reception immediately arranged another room, I was even upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment.

When I reported the tv reception wasn't clear, the aerial was replaced in no time.

Sure it may not be 5 star, but it is clean (well clean compared to most hotels) and very affordable. Better still the beds were comfortable, shower was hot and had great water pressure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank wackijac
Reviewed 19 November 2011

After reading the reviews i was worried to stay here . BUT this hotel was just great , everything is clean and tidy . The rooms are a good size and quiet . The front staff where plesant not rude at all. My young daughters and I had a lovely stay here in this hotel and the location was very central and right next to the train station ... We would defs stay again ...

Room Tip: This is a great clean hotel and in good location and one of the cheapest for the area ..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dianne4557
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Although the facilities offered by these serviced appartments (only serviced for stays exceeding six days) are fairly basic, they provide good value. Ideally situated, close to Darling Harbour and only a ten minute stroll to Circular Key and all the ferries. There is also a taxi rank outside the hotel. Close to Winyard Station and George Street shopping. Although some reviews criticise the reception staff, we found them all polite and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank palmer38
Reviewed 21 October 2011

In sydney you get what you pay for. This is it at this nice little appartment tucked under a roadway. cheeper than the central big chains but still right in the middle of town. will stay again

• Stayed: September 2011