2,595 results
All reviews darling harbour great location king st wharf king street double glazing convenience store full kitchen restaurants and bars washing machine and dryer minute walk easy access great room wynyard station stayed here for nights would stay again opera house aquarium
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed in a studio room with a king bed (which was actually 2 beds pushed together, not an actual king bed) with my 2 young kids. Overall the stay was quite disappointing : (

The hotel itself really heeds an upgrade, the decor appears old and dated. The room was even worse, the appearance was old and uninviting. The shower was tiny and the couch looked a bit dirty. As I said above, the "king bed" is actually 2 beds put together, so didn't make for a very comfortable nights sleep for me who had to sleep in the middle. The view was very uninspiring... it is doubled doored though which keeps the noise out. The rooms come with basic kitchenette facilities which was very handy. They also charge you a $200 security deposit, which they then credit back some days after you check out. This was annoying as I only have a debit card, not a credit card so was short on money until they refunded me. It also wasn't mentioned at the time of booking.

There were only 2 positive things about my stay here - the staff were fantatic - very friendly & helpful, and the location was great - situated right next door to the aquarium.

If you are after a no frills, basic room in a great location, then I would recommend this hotel.

I personally wouldn't stay here again unless they upgraded the rooms, there are definitely nicer places within the same price range. To me, the hotel stay is part of the fun of a holiday, and I expected a lot more from Medina Grand.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dar CanberraMum86
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and I am delighted you found our location and service to be fantastic.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy you stay and you found the view to be uninspiring, we do have different categories of rooms which have different outlooks, but we have taken your comments on board including your comments in regards to the décor. We are also in the process of preparing to replace the beds and the sofas in our rooms in the near future

I would like to thank you for providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed in a Premier Grand Studio Room which was ok, however for the price we paid (5 nights) we thought that we would have a much better view (looking into the grey brick wall of the Aquarium). Most of the front desk staff need to lift their game in the personality department and knowledge of the Sydney area would benefit us travellers (if you don't know where places are then how do expect us to know, WE ARE VISITORS TO SYDNEY ON A TIME LIMIT. The staff on the front desk have left lasting impressions on us (not good impressions). DO NOT EAT FROM The Lime Cafe (which is attached to the Medina and menu is left in the room). We went there for dinner on our 2nd last night of our stay, there is not much on the menu to choose from. When asking the waiter what was the fish in the Battered Fish & Chips dish, it seemed that all of a sudden he didn't understand ENGLISH, it was obvious he didn't know and wasn't interested in finding out, we then asked about vegetables and the same again not really wanting to understand. My partner ordered the Battered Fish & Chips & I ordered Spaghetti Bolognaise. The battered fish & chips were obviously straight out of the supermarket freezer, no flavour, terrible. The Spaghetti Bolognaise was terrible no sauce in it, no garlic, where was the cheese, again another frozen meal straight from the supermarket freezer. I had to ask for some parmesan cheese and sauce to give it a bit of ooomph, but nothing would improve the terrible flavour and it had no texture, actually it had nothing at all. What a disgrace, we were so disgusted that these frozen meal dishes could be served in a so called cafe/restaurant in Darling Harbour. To make it worse the two meals cost nearly $50.00 we could have gone to the supermarket heated them up in the microwave oven for about $15.00 what a rip off. We have travelled extensively and in all of that time the two meals that were served up to us in the Lime Cafe were the worst we have ever had. You just never know when a food critic is going to be in your establishment. A bit of advice to the Lime Cafe management and staff, you need to get Gordon Ramsay to show you how to cook a good meal.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelBugsAustralia

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside.
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your comments
In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the reception team.
Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the restaurant, Lime cafe is separate to the hotel, however as we work closely together we do expect them to deliver high standards and quality, I have passed on this feedback to the managers of Lime café who assure me they use only fresh produce but have taken your feedback on board and have addressed your comments with their team.
I would like to thank you again for providing your feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights and found everything to be good. The room had a decent kitchen, the bathroom was nice and the bed was comfortable.

The staff we all friendly and helpful, we arrived at about 7am from the UK and had emailed ahead to get into our room early. Unfortunately it wasn't ready so we came back at 12pm (2 hours before normal checkin) and our bags had been taken upstairs and the room was all ready for us.

The best thing about the hotel is the location, its about 30 meters from the habour where you can eat, drink or catch a ferry around to the Circular Quay. (where the bridge and opera house are). Wynard train station is 3 streets away, this has a Coles and Woolworths where you can get groceries etc as we found the local smaller shops really expensive. $7 for some shower get!

There are two downsides to this place was 1. the amount of money they charge for the internet - $12 an hour. It was a rip off and 2 the balcony, we had a habour view however when you sit on the chairs on the balcony all you can see is the grey concrete wall which is your balcony. Why they didnt they make the blacony walls out of glass or make them lower?

I would recommend this place to friends, it was comfortable and convenient. What more do you need on a city break?

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sturich19
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Sturich19
The team at Medina Grand Harbourside are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the location of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Medina Hotels in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 6 April 2011

The lobby area as well as the spacious room leaves a good first impression . Unfortunately that's where it ends. After checking in in the morning I wanted to use the pool and sauna. I couldn't use the men's shower as it had a nasty drainage smell. There where no fresh towels either and I had to remove 3 plastic cups out of the sauna. There are no bath ropes or slippers in the room for this occasion and no lockers in the pool or gym area.
The sofa had white stains ..(!) , the lounge table hadn't been wiped but the worst fact was that the bed sheets had stains. I've also noticed a few fluff/lint balls on the in the hotel corridor which where still there 2 days later..
Overall the hotel is too filthy for a 4 star hotel and needs urgently to improve not only the level of cleanliness but also paying good attention to detail.

On a positive note the sound-absorbing double glassing leaves the busy city noises outside and gives you a good night sleep (if you have quite neighbours that is)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

Dear X_Worldtraveller_X

I was pleased to read that you found the double glazing effective and assisted in a good nights sleep.
In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team and this is now an area of focus for them and our maintenance team also.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 April 2011

The experience was fantastic. Service was fast as we checked in as 7.15pm and no one was checking it at that time. Check out we had to wait due to I.T problems; however front desk asked me my name and room number and said i pre-paid the account and was ok to leave before they got the computer working - very efficient.

The Premier Grand Studio we stayed in was excellent. Unfortunately no views - facing aquarium which was just fine. The room was cute, small and sleek. Had 2 flat screens - one in the room, other in the lounge.

Needless to say the location was awesome. Right where Kings St Wharf is. All you need to do is jump across the road and there are restaurants and bars and if you fancy a harbour cruise it's also right there!

Overall had a great experience, hotel was great, staff was good. Totally recommend staying here.

The down side was that we asked to check out at 11 but had housekeeping knock on the door twice - once at 9.45am another time at 10.45.
Once house keeping started it was quite noisy with the vacuums etc so don't expect to sleep in!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jess311
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. The team at Medina Grand Harbourside was pleased to read that you found the location and facilities in the room perfect for your stay with us.
In relation to the points you have raised please be assured I have addressed these points with our housekeeping team to improve our overall guest experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside in the future.