1,996 results
All reviewsdarling harbourpitt staccor membermuseum stationcentral locationexcellent locationan easy walkpublic transportgeorge streethyde parkopera housechinatownironcolestrainblindscafes
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Ibis and found it to be clean and comfortable and very handy to the Central train station and monorail stop. Our room was small but had everything we needed and was quiet. The efficient staff checked us in early which was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your review. Iam glad the team were able to give you an early check in.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I booked my accommodation in 2 goes as my needs changed. I contacted the hotel to make sure I would stay in the same room and there would be no hassles, I got a positive reply from the hotel, however, upon arrival that was not the case. My visits were not linked and I was told I would have to recheck in the next morning and get a new access card for my room. My visit was stressful enough as it was court, I didn't need the extra hassle. considering I was told by email before arriving it had been sorted, it was an unnecessary stress on the hotels behalf for me.
2ndly due to renovations the buffet breakfast was cancelled. It was only that I read the signs in the lift and cancelled the breakfast that I had pre-paid for, that I didn't receive a box of food instead for $20 - very disappointing. Communication is important and the staff should have known what I had paid for and given me my options instead of me having to source them out.
Lastly, the fact that when I turned the tv on it started at the adult channel everytime, I found this in bad taste, as far as your hotel goes and not somewhere to bring the family, that goes for the whole chain if it works the same. Not something I would want my kids to see, nor my husband, where he traveling alone.

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry it was not for a better reason. Court can be the most uninviting places to be.
The keys do need to be reactivated checkin in a new reservation into the system, I believe it is done to protect the guest and to ensure the new reservation is the same person.
Level 2 was closed for 2 days to upgrade and maintain the Hardwood floors. I am very sorry that it happened while you were staying with us. We notified all of our agents and 3rd party websits to let them know. I am more than happy to further discuss this matter with you.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
IbisWorldSquare_GM, General Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Just what we required not over the top but very comfortable & Clean. Can you believe check in at 9.20am. Now that's impressive! Heaps of food outlets at your door steps. The Hotels second floor restaurant was getting a huge make over the next day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Hi

Yes it is a great location. Oh my goodness the food.....Yes what a great variety, Italian, Greek, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian just to name a few. Oh, and of course Australian :-) All within walking distance.
We have not mentioned all the fantastic Theatres, Bars and club as well within walking distance.

The team and I are glad you had a great time in Sydney.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Right across the road from world square and only a short walk to Pitt St Mall, this hotel with it's pleasant staff and good rates hit the mark for me.
Their late hours snacks turned out to be quite substantial and with a small selection of beers this was an excellent convenience when we arrived late in the evening.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear you tried the Grab itand Go meals and for under $10.00 they are great value.