6,975 results
All reviews opera house grain bar circular quay full harbour view room executive club room service turn down service junior suite rocks area george street perfect location city view concierge desk luxury hotel corner room park hyatt cruise ship
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service wow truly set the standard very high for hotel check in experiences. I was very pleased with this experience. My luggage was taken to my room while I was checking in. The level of service was very important and was unlike any other experience. I felt welcomed overall and every time I returned to the hotel. Umbrellas were provided whenever needed. Service was above standard. I would easily consider returning here because of the service. The room was comfortable and I loved the bed. Just amazing!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
1  Thank Russia76
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for four nights at Four Seasons, taking two rooms. Quick summary - quite pricey but guest rooms, facilities, service, location and view more than make up for it. It keeps the worldwide standard of Four Seasons. We booked a harbor view junior suite and the view through three different windows from the next-to-top floor was breathtaking.

Let me describe the bigger room. Our junior suite had a high king bed with three large pillows per person. Foot divan, love seat looking at the view, round coffee table with solo seater sofa. Large LCD TV with a fair number of channels including BBC and CNN. We had three windows, consisting of one large corner window and two smaller but still floor to ceiling windows on either side of the corner window. All windows had a great view of the Opera House and two of them which included the main corner window had views of the harbor bridge. Truly a view to die for. Black out curtains, roller blinds, etc. Lamps are pretty ornate and work right. Night tables are very utilitarian, with lots of spaces, both drawered and open. The main desk can be used on both sides, which my wife and I did, with a side console that had lots of outlets. Ergo chair on main side. Nice frames. Easy to control ac. Decent carpeting. Fixtures are modern theme - wood, laminates, glass tops, and stainless steel. Usual safe, water hot pot, coffee maker, wine glasses, coffee mugs, and lots of complimentary bottles of water – Four Seasons brand, of course. Toilet had separate shower and toilet cubicles with their own smoked glass doors. We did wish they had dual sinks. High quality towels. Great toiletries – Appelles with Australian herbs – tamanu. blackseed, willowbark, black pepper. Digital weighing scale.

Location was fantastic - we needed a hotel near Circular Quay and the Museum of Contemporary Art, and it was the perfect answer. It was such a convenient location – right beside Circular Quay, Gateway Food Court, with 24-hour convenience store just outside the Harrington Street exit. Except that George Street was under construction for the new streetcar installation which was supposed to have been completed in 2016 but will presumably now take till 2020. So it was a bit inconvenient and tour pick ups had to be done at Harrington St.

Still comparable with other hotels. But it was the service that set Four Seasons Sydney apart. Service was great – staff were all cheerful, always asking what we wanted – whether it was more water, or sewing kits, etc. Door men very helpful with taxis, concierge knowledgeable with catholic mass times at St. Patrick’s, plus many other examples. My wife suffered excruciating pain the night before we were leaving and the staff managed to connect her to a doctor who was willing to make a house call at 2 am! Top notch.

Room Tip: pay more for full harbor view - you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JGR001
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four Seasons is the standard to which I hold all hotels...Which is unfortunate for other hotels as it sets the bar sky high. I have stayed there quite a few times this year with my partner and we have always had a good experience. For birthdays we were each greeted warmly and supplied with birthday cakes, birthday cards and the like which is above the usual call of duty.

When we pull up in my car, my partner's door is always opened first (which is the way it should be) and we always have help with our luggage. Room service is always on time although it must be said, the food is fairly sub-standard.

The beds and decor are absolutely amazing and the Level 32 club is amazing for breakfast and canapes before dinner. The standout for this hotel is definitely the service!

Room Tip: Definitely go for Full Harbour View
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B9899ZWdavidc
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved this hotel, it’s in the perfect location on the harbour across from circular quay.
The accommodation was comfortable and staff friendly. Lots of restaurants and pubs nearby.
Will definately stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeC70
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to the Mode breakfast buffet bar for breakfast today and went to the ladies room for 5 minutes leaving my computer,2 iPhones and my purse on the table.To my surprise there was a young man waiting at the ladies room door with the bill.I am unimpressed and told him if he had taken the trouble to check my table he would have twigged to the fact I was coming back to the table to reclaim my possessions at the very least..Looks like staff need urgent training -not what is expected from a four star hotel that I have been visiting for 26 years.Standards have really slipped!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank lulufifi2014
FourSeasonsSydney, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lulufifi2014,

Thank you so very much for your review.

It is disappointing to learn of your experience in Mode Kitchen & Bar. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention to further investigate, as your comments are not reflective of our usual standard of service.

Thank you once again, and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more positive experience in the future.

With kind regards,