“One of my Favorite Places to Stay in Sydney”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #76 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Close to everything and recently remodeled. Struggle with their elevators though - can take up to 10 minutes to get one (so be prepared to wait!). The executive lounge is very nice and it has a good breakfast spread. Don't be afraid to ask for specialty cooked eggs from the waiters there... they can get anything for you! Fresh juices to Fresh Fruit - just yummy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi is good and gets a decent signal as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking toward to water!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear skites101,

Thank you so much for giving us a positive feedback about your recent stay and choosing Sydney Harbour Marriott as on of your favorite hotel in Sydney.

On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for the delays in the elevators. Rest assured that we have taken the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon on your next visit to Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Marriott Sydney Harbour is perfectly located in the Central Business District and a short two blocks from the Circular Quay. Being on Pitt Street, it gives you access to the more trendy Rocks area and the restaurants and shopping that are unique to Sydney. My rating also reflects Marriott giving me a junior suite with a view of the Opera House. In fact, most of the higher floor South-facing rooms will give you that view.

This property gives you the benefit of the full-service Marriott offering, including a spacious club lounge with fresh fruit kept in eye-level refrigerators. This is a large hotel, so check-in and elevator access could be a bit crowded. This would, however, be my property of choice next time I visit Sydney.

Room Tip: High-floor, harbour-view rooms are a must

Dear ToaderSchmode,

Thank you so much for giving us a positive feedback about your recent stay and recommending us as a preferred hotel in Sydney.

We were delighted to read your kind words of encouragement, which have been shared with the team.

I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being just a half block from the harbor, I can't imagine a better location. Everything about the hotel was very good. The lifts were being serviced, so not all were running causing some minor delays, but that should be resolved soon. I've stayed in several higher end hotels in Sydney and this was by far my favorite.

Dear DBHead,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor and your comments are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

It is such a delight to know that our great location has made your stay with us more memorable and convenient to your travelling plans in Sydney.

The team and I very much look forward to your next visit to the Sydney Harbour Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a fairly comfortable few days at this hotel, and overall was pleased with my stay. The simple basics were well covered: room was clean and well-equipped, décor was white and glass, giving it a nice airy look. Beds were very comfortable, bathroom spacious, with all the necessities and more. Enough hangers in the cupboard, robes and slippers. A nice touch was provided by two free water bottles provided every night (although one may argue that at the price per room it was probably not exactly free!). Another nice touch was free gourmet coffee in the lobby between 7 and 11 am in the morning. There was a table in the room rather than a desk, but it worked well for me. The “city” view still let me see a bit of the harbour, and observe a lovely rainbow after a thunderstorm.
Now, for a few negatives. The hotel’s lobby is under construction, so at this moment it does not exactly have a look of the luxurious hotel Marriott aspires to be. The elevators were slow in coming, and at times maybe just one or two were working, as they were pretty crowded. I felt lucky to have a room at one of the higher floors. To my biggest surprise the internet access was not free – it cost about 10AUD per day. At the end, that fee was waved for me at check out, by my agreeing (reluctantly) to enrol in Marriott rewards… Another unpleasant surprise was that I was also charged for several calls to an Australian toll free number. These charges were also waved at the end, but I did check the room information before I made the calls and it did indicate that calls to toll-free numbers, are, well, toll-free.
I did not use the gym or eat in the hotel restaurant. The price for breakfast appeared rather high, and there are plenty of cafes nearby – one directly across the street. The hotel is about 5 min walk to the Circular Quay T station where one can get an Opal transport card (similar to London Oyster); about 15 minutes walk to the Opera, or 10-15 min to the Rocks – I recommend the Saturday craft market there. Location, therefore, is perfect for tourists, and closeness to the T station makes it perfect both for tourists and business visitors.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear mzj101,

Thank you so much for giving us a positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly pleased that you found our staff to be friendly, helpful and location to your liking.

We do offer complimentary WiFi access for our Marriott Rewards members which is a free to join membership program with exclusive benefit and offers. I'm glad to hear that we were able to assist with amending the charges on your check out.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately we could not have a room with harbour view, but the overall experience was still nice. The location is very good for sightseeing and getting around in the city. Hotel itself was good, nice rooms, good facilities and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaoneh,

Thank you so much for giving us a positive feedback about your recent stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

We are truly pleased that our services and facilities have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.