Cambridge Hotel Sydney
US$230
US$193
US$115
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$153
Radisson Blu
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$197
US$168
  • Room Service
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$141
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$185
  • Restaurant
Central Railway Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$90
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$135
  • Breakfast included
4,802 results
All reviewssurry hillsoxford streetgreat locationbalcony roommuseum stationhyde parkwalking distancefree wifigood sizepublic transportopera housewould stay againreception staffmini barshort staybuffet breakfastcentral location
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

The desgin of the room isn't very good.We stayed room 602 of Abey Hotel.There was a queen sized bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed is not very comfortable.I acidentally pulled out part of the bedsheet and it revealed an old,sponge bed.The staff should change the sofa bed into two seperate single beds.The carpark was very squeezy and hard to park.The cleanliness was good but the bathing towels smelled like smoke.It was nasty!The laundry room was at the basement in the carpark and looked very gloomy.Some of the staff were friendly but some weren't.I hope the management would take action on this.

• Stayed: December 2012
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Anthony A,
Thank you for your recent stay at Abey Hotel and for taking the time to give us feedback. Hearing the views and opinions from our guests helps us to take appropriated methods to improve where required. Room 602 is actually a part of Cambridge Hotel.
We have taken your comments on board and the Housekeeping team will check all existing sofa bed condition and take necessary steps to bring them to a more comfortable condition and if the room space is allowed we will put two single beds instead of the sofa bed.
A re-training course is underway to the Front Desk team.
I have to agree with you about the car park. At the time of construction in the 1970s the space were adequate however it is tight fit for many of today’s vehicles, particularly SUVs and 4x4s.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Very small reception area. Staff are friendly. Seems a bit dated but very clean. Our room had very good views over Sydney, we could see the Opera House. Our room safe didn't work. Called someone to come and take a look. It was one of the Reception staff. He couldn't fix it and said we shouldn't worry as the hotel was very safe ! I'm sure my Travel Insurers would have been happy with that !! He said it would be fixed the next morning. It wasn't. so had to carry our passports etc with us. As we were only there a couple of nights didn't bother to make an issue of it. I always expect a working room safe and always use them.
Apart from that no complaints. Area was too busy for our liking but well placed for shopping, restaurants, etc etc.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Opera House.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scorpionsholidays

Dear Scorpionsholidays,
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to give us some feedback.
I must apologise to the issue that you had with the room-safe. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention all staff members will be retrained on guest relations and how to deal with the situation. It is not the standard of service which Cambridge is known. I hope this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and wish you and your family a very happy festive season and a safe, happy New Year.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I stayed here during a seminar that was held at the venue. The room itself was more than adequate for me, I didn't need more than a bed and a shower really. It was clean and had room service. There was quite a bit of work going on at the time, I woke the first morning to find there was actually scaffolding erected right outside my window! Fortunately I was dressed when I realised this!
It is very convenient to Oxford Street (would be a perfect location for anyone attending Mardi Gras) and it is also within walking distance of Moore Park.
The only issue is it is not as close to Central Station as it looked on the map, plus it is uphill. This is not their fault but anyone planning on walking, especially with luggage, should think again.
I'd happily stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen T

Dear Karen T,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience.
It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and to find out that you share the same view with many of our guest about our convenient location.
I apologise for incident with the scaffolding erected outside your window and I hope it didn’t disturb you to enjoy your stay. We had liaised with the workers next door to avoid any inconvenience to our guests when the work was on; I can inform you that the work next door is complete and a new 5-stary apartment- hotel will be opening early January next year.
There are several ways to reach our hotel from the airport, such as airport shuttle bus, taxi or train, Museum station is close to us and the walk is reasonably flat.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Best wishes for the Festive Season from all of us at Cambridge.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We loved the location of the Cambridge. Upscale cafes and stores in abundance especially if you head to Crown street and take a right. Also on Oxford St. We walked almost everywhere, but when we needed to take transportation we were a 10 minute walk from Central Station.

The room was not luxurious, but it was fine. The bathroom looked as if it had been newly renovated. At first we were put in a room where the air conditioner was around a corner in the room and the room was stuffy. We requested a new room and were moved to one where the air did not have to go around a corner and we were very comfortable.

The Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We did have breakfast in the hotel one day, but it was very basic and in my opinion too pricey for the quality and selection. There are so many wonderful cafes in the area that we only ate the hotel breakfast once.

We hope to get to back to Sydney and we will definitely try to stay at the Cambridge again.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin. Ask for quiet room. Also ask for a room with good ventilation.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nummy6
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Nummy6,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel as well as the location.
I am very pleased to hear that the friendly staff lived up to your expectations and that you will return to stay with us again.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We had three nights here and could not have been looked after better. Room was amazing, food was excellent and the supportfrom reception staff was exceptional. We had an enormously happy time here and will remember it with great affecion for many years to come.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith S
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Dear Keith S,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to leave your great feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the friendly staff exceeded your expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.