“good price for a deluxe room”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #35 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 27 November 2012

lovely room clean and tidy and very modern just what we needed after traveling in a good area too! was quiet and made for a very good sleep.
beautiful views from the balcony.
just wish we could of stayed a couple more nights.
their was however some building work being done on some of the hotel and the breakfast wasnt the best so we chose to skip it!
otherwise great!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gembeem89
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Gembeem89,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel and, for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel delivered value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the balcony and the location, and I am also happy to inform you that our new restaurant had opening and is in full function as the new breakfast service.
Once again, thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Cambridge Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The room we stayed in was ok, though disappointed when we booked two rooms they were located on the other side of the building and the receptionist charged us twice and we never noticed till we looked through our transaction. Wouldnt really recommend this for family since I took younger siblings with me down to the pool area which you had to access through a different elevator as well as going through the lobby with random people just watching you , was disappointed with the spa since it was the same temperature with the pool and there were a few rowdy people that had hotel rooms right next to the pool.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank m_kaitlyn

Dear m_kaitlyn,
Thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and, thank you for taking your time to share your feedback.
We appreciate your feedback and understand the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
The issue has been discussed with the front office manager and measures have been taken to ensure that guests are better informed upon check-in.
Your feedback has been important to us and I would like to thank you for taking your time to share them with us.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again.
Warm regards

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The Cambridge/ Abbey has nice people working there and we're very helpful. The hotel is about a about 15 minute walk to downtown. When we were there at the beginning of November the hotel was renovating, and the work crew started at 7am, not very restful. There was no warning from the hotel that this was going to happen. Plus the windows all single pane and the street noise was loud. The buffet breakfast was nice enough, with tea, coffee, cereal, toast, yogurt, muffins etc. The hotel room was clean and functional

Room Tip: Gate a room in the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Safcdaft,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and for taking you time to share your feedback with us.
I am very glad to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed the hotel and its location.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the renovations, and I am glad to inform you that the renovation work is complete and the new restaurant is now in full function.
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean and functional.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We booked a last minute deal and got a deluxe room here at half price. Our visit was only brief for a one night stay after a wedding. Our room was big with a nice clean bathroom and everything seemed new. Loved the new magazines the flick through and couldn't hear any noise from the street. Will stay at again if we can find discounted prices

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear webbsm,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your great feedback with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you were satisfied with the spaciousness and cleanliness. I am glad that you enjoyed the magazine service and it is great to hear that you will stay with us again.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I have been staying at the Cambridge Hotel for the past 2 years whilst studying in Sydney.
I come from a small country town in NSW.To be away from my Family for a week at a time was very difficult. Staying at the Cambridge I always felt Welcomed by the Staff & the Accommadation was very comfortable.I will definately return to the Cambridge with my Family & Friends.I recommend the Cambridge Hotel for your next stay in Sydney.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a separate lounge area & kitchen. Also ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Karen I,
Thank you very much for taking your time to leave your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
It is always a great pleasure to hear from guests that have stayed with us often and feel at home when they stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you are impressed with the comfortable accommodation and the friendly staff.
Once again, thank you for your great feedback, and we will always look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.
Warmest regards