“Impeccable location, nicer rooms than they let on and a great Assistant Manager!”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #39 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights last week and was not interested at first, I only went with it as two of my friends who I was staying with already had booked rooms - it was just easy for us to be together.

I am sometimes a diva when it comes to hotels and when I got out of the cab I was thinking to myself what have I done?! The weathered outside of the hotel and the very very exhausted couches and art work in the foyer don't do the rooms justice. The Assistant Manager checked me in and was super helpful, she really was great, I could tell no query was too big!

The rooms itself are surprisingly nice however the elevator and halls lead you to believe you are in a rehab facility. The room was well dressed, clean, awesome balcony and large sized. I had a city view balcony room on the 8th floor.

If your in town to party on Oxford St this is the place to be - its a 2 minute walk! From what I noticed that's exactly what everyone was doing!

I would stay there again possibly with friends in the same situation but would prefer 5 star (I hear the same company is opening a 5 star next door). I did leave a piece of lost property in the room and the maid staff said via the phone they are sending it back COD which is great - however I'm still to receive this and when I called to follow up they advised they would call me back as soon as possible. Two days later I am still waiting, this is a little dampening.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank boew
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Boew,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback with us regarding your recent stay.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our friendly front desk staff assisted you in any way possible.
I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your room, the décor, the spaciousness and the balcony overlooking the city.
I am also glad that you enjoyed the location and that you found the hotel recommendable.
I trust you received your lost & found properties, please let us know if you have not received this yet.
Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Steven Gargano

Write a ReviewReviews (4,511)

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel is excellent value for money. The hotel is just on the outskirts of Sydney CBD, most things are within walking distance and public transport a plenty. The hotel itself is immaculate, very modern and bright and welcoming. The staff were excellent! Extremely helpful and accomodating. The room, even tho small, was clean and the bed was so comfortable, I felt that I was sleeping on a cloud. We had a balcony that we could sit outside and enjoy the sights and breeze. I highly recommend this hotel to one and all, thankyou to a very enjoyable stay! :)

Room Tip: We were on the eighth floor with a north view, would suggest a north or west view with a balcony to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Julie R,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the hotel and for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed the location, the hotel and the modern rooms.
I am delighted to hear that our friendly guest relations officers were to your satisfaction and that you had a comfortable stay with us.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I would like to say that hotel is perfect location.. i enjoyed my stay at the cambridge... i stayed and currently staying there...
The hotek front desk staff are all excellent and very helpful.. dona was very proffessional and helped me so much with everything and always ready to offer more help.. raj and marina are very good staff and always smiling which makes me very comfortable... thank you for reception .... my stay has been excellent and rooms are clean with good prices..

I recommend everyone to stay here because of great service and proffessionalism...

Thank u dona , raj and marina... you are excellent l. .

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear alharbi80zzzz6,
Thank you very much for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location, and more importantly that the friendly staff exceeded your expectations. Comments like yours are very pleasing and motivational.
Your feedback has been passed onto the entire team and Raj, Marina and Dona are all very grateful for your comments.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My son and I booked for 4 nights here in a Premium twin room and found it quite compact - and a little disappointing. After discussing this with Front of House reception we were changed to a triple room with balcony which was more spacious. Breakfast room was undergoing refurbishment so ate in conference room - a little bare and unwelcoming. Did experience some construction noise on a couple of mornings. Overall good value for money 3 star hotel - albeit a little way out from the centre of the city, but good regular bus services from end of the road into city shopping areasUpper floor room and to Circular Quay.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have better views to city skyline
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank citybreakers90
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear citybreakers90,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hotel, and thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, I am glad to hear that you felt the front desk dealt professionally with you.
We hope you will visit us again when the new restaurant open in two weeks.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My personal experience of the Cambridge Hotel is a good one. I found the location ideal, the room more than adequate, the price reasonable, the service decent, the staff friendly, the balcony smokable on (which delighted me to not have to stand on the street and the view was great) Yes it is a 1970 building trying to disguise itself as highend but you can't blame a gal for trying and heck its not ugly, tired or sad. I found our room tasteful (Room 1005) I enjoyed the privacy, the room, the convenience. Its two streets back from Oxford St, close to great cafe's everywhere (recommend; the winery, Madam Char Char, Pablo's vice to name a few) Close to supermarkets (IGA, Duffys and Thomas Dux) all but a few minutes walk away. I love the diversity of the area, the sights, sounds and people. I felt safe (the police station is directly across the road) It is not far from Central Railway Station (approximately a 10 minute walk away) or Museum Station (7 minutes away) or walk into town through Hyde Park which is a lovely 10-25 amble depending on where you are going and how fast you want to get there. The staff were friendly, and helpful. I don't know if the internet was reasonable or not $15 per day or $35 for three days. I would gladly recommend this Hotel to anyone heading to Sydey that wants an affordable, pleasant hotel in a good location.

Room Tip: Pick any Premium/Deluxe Balcony Rooms on the upper floors for less noise and better views. If you sm...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nardopolis
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Nardopolis,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel, and thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location, the pricing, the friendly staff and the room.
Thank you for your great recommendations, I am sure many will find that very helpful.
I am delighted to hear you had a great time at the hotel and in the location, and that you recommend the Cambridge Hotel.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.