“Amazing staff and management!! Thank you Bryce”
Review of The Argyle

The Argyle
Ranked #77 of 253 Nightlife in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: The Argyle is situated in The Rocks, in one of Australia’s oldest buildings . The venue has a rich historic feel, with a uniquely modern take. Housed in the 1820s Argyle Stores building in the heart of Sydney’s Rocks precinct, The Argyle retains much of the original heritage-listed structure. An iconic Rocks hotspot, The Argyle has become a favourite of both locals and visitors alike since its opening in 2007. It holds a series of unique bars spread over two levels – including the famed outdoor cobblestone courtyard! The Argyle is a venue to suit any mood or occasion.With six bars held over two levels, we have a variety of event areas to suit any mood and function – so whether you decide to hide away in a booth, gather friends around the high tables, chill out in the lounges, or venture out into the open-air sandstone courtyard, the choice is yours!
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Pleasant atmosphere, amazing staff and management, a special mention to Bryce Purnell who was absolutely amazing and helpful last Saturday night. I also wanted to thank that tall girl with long black hair (I'm sorry I cannot remember your name) who gave us a free bottle of champagne cause we were given the wrong table. Our night started wrong but you both managed to change it to an amazing celebration. Thank you will be back again!!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

security were so nice and friendly. Right from the word go you could tell this club was ran by a professional management team. My experience was great they even asked my friend to leave but she was a little drunk the manager was very polite and gave her water even offered to get her a taxi

1  Thank thedonmega111
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Nice looking place in a famous suburb but if you can get in and can stay in the club its only at rude staff discretion!
We were 4 friends (3 locals and me) deciding to go here on a Saturday night arriving in different hours:
I queue with my bro in law and before giving you access they start asking how many drinks you had.. "i have said one beer" he came back "It doesn't look so" and bounce me on the guy next to him. "How many drinks you had?" "One beer" "How long time ago?" "Approximately an hour ago with a burger!" "You look intoxicated careful I saw people kicked out after 20 mins" and allow us to get in and pay 50AUD each... What a nice welcome! I thought to relax and have fun not to pass an alcohol test based on appearance!! I guarantee I was 100% fine... I live in London and a beer with no food may be my breakfast! Anyway..
We get in waiting for our friends.. nice place.. decent commercial music and lots of intoxicated guys between 20 and 25 y.o.! Fine.. thinking I was the one intoxicated I head to the bar and I take two standard long drinks with cheap alcohol and incompetent bartenders.. that's normal for a crowded place.. i think! A bit overprice but it makes sense for a nightclub..
Our friend arrives and they do not let them get in because one of them had a black trouser that was a bit too sporty for them.. so my brother in law go checking trying to be reasonable.. unfortunately he does the mistake of not leaving the drink before going out!! they start surrounding him and insulting him.. so he comes back in with three bouncers, he asks them (annoyed but very politely) to talk with the line manager!
Finally a very arrogant and young person show up... my friend asks for apologies from bouncer to be very rude and he goes "This will never happen! What's next?". We were shocked from the answer so my friend goes "So nothing, it means I may need to divulge what happened on social media..." "Tag me in I am Jordan " and he goes... We get kicked out for no reasons at all.. our friends outside has been escorted from police far away from the club because they were occupying private property...
This was our lovely Saturday night.. 3 out of 4 had issues with the staff actually with more than one person of the staff.. we spent 100$ to stay in for about an hour and a drink (at least we didn't beat the record of 20 mins..).. being called alcoholic from two rude strangers.. treated very badly... and kicked out..
We are both professionals in our 30s and as clients I do not think it is normal to be treated like that!
Anyway this was our experience... Maybe you are luckier and all goes well! Your call now..

3  Thank kamastreat
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

What an amazing find. Looking for somewhere for dinner and happened across this restaurant/bar. It's an interesting setting with lively bar and entertainment. We chose a share plate for $39 and it was absolutely delicious. There was a huge variety of food with so many different tastes and flavours.  We struggled to finish it but has to as it was so tasty. The chicken wings were amazing.

The staff were attentive friendly and made its feel welcome.

We had beer, wine and food leaving feeling full and satisfied. I tried a couple of their boutique beers and find then ok. What else can you ask for.

1  Thank Chizzel