“Amazing staff and management!! Thank you Bryce”
Review of The Argyle

The Argyle
Ranked #167 of 246 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Pleasant atmosphere, amazing staff and management, a special mention to Bryce Purnell who was absolutely amazing and helpful last Saturday night. I also wanted to thank that tall girl with long black hair (I'm sorry I cannot remember your name) who gave us a free bottle of champagne cause we were given the wrong table. Our night started wrong but you both managed to change it to an amazing celebration. Thank you will be back again!!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Nice looking place in a famous suburb but if you can get in and can stay in the club its only at rude staff discretion!
We were 4 friends (3 locals and me) deciding to go here on a Saturday night arriving in different hours:
I queue with my bro in law and before giving you access they start asking how many drinks you had.. "i have said one beer" he came back "It doesn't look so" and bounce me on the guy next to him. "How many drinks you had?" "One beer" "How long time ago?" "Approximately an hour ago with a burger!" "You look intoxicated careful I saw people kicked out after 20 mins" and allow us to get in and pay 50AUD each... What a nice welcome! I thought to relax and have fun not to pass an alcohol test based on appearance!! I guarantee I was 100% fine... I live in London and a beer with no food may be my breakfast! Anyway..
We get in waiting for our friends.. nice place.. decent commercial music and lots of intoxicated guys between 20 and 25 y.o.! Fine.. thinking I was the one intoxicated I head to the bar and I take two standard long drinks with cheap alcohol and incompetent bartenders.. that's normal for a crowded place.. i think! A bit overprice but it makes sense for a nightclub..
Our friend arrives and they do not let them get in because one of them had a black trouser that was a bit too sporty for them.. so my brother in law go checking trying to be reasonable.. unfortunately he does the mistake of not leaving the drink before going out!! they start surrounding him and insulting him.. so he comes back in with three bouncers, he asks them (annoyed but very politely) to talk with the line manager!
Finally a very arrogant and young person show up... my friend asks for apologies from bouncer to be very rude and he goes "This will never happen! What's next?". We were shocked from the answer so my friend goes "So nothing, it means I may need to divulge what happened on social media..." "Tag me in I am Jordan " and he goes... We get kicked out for no reasons at all.. our friends outside has been escorted from police far away from the club because they were occupying private property...
This was our lovely Saturday night.. 3 out of 4 had issues with the staff actually with more than one person of the staff.. we spent 100$ to stay in for about an hour and a drink (at least we didn't beat the record of 20 mins..).. being called alcoholic from two rude strangers.. treated very badly... and kicked out..
We are both professionals in our 30s and as clients I do not think it is normal to be treated like that!
Anyway this was our experience... Maybe you are luckier and all goes well! Your call now..

1  Thank sem4ng
Reviewed 7 April 2018

The venue is excellent and has multiple different areas offering different ambience. We were there early and happy hour was great but service was slow, both at the bar and table clearance. As the night went on and there was more drinkers the time to get a drink was significant.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I recently visited the Argyle with a group of 25 for a work party. The night was busy with many great acts preforming. On arrival I was greeted by a pleasant and professional young man who introduced him self as Bryce, from there a gorgeous host ushered us to our private booth where the service and hospitality was second to none. For a venue of such size and capacity the security and management were organised structured and never missed a beat. I have never been to a venue we’re myself and my group felt as welcomed and safe, to top it all of a manger I believe Jordan, help my partner and I to get a taxi once leaving which is the kind or service and care you rarely see in today’s club seen. Thanks again guys we will be back.