“Amazing Venue with great drinks and food”
Review of The Argyle

The Argyle
Ranked #76 of 253 Nightlife in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: The Argyle is situated in The Rocks, in one of Australia’s oldest buildings . The venue has a rich historic feel, with a uniquely modern take. Housed in the 1820s Argyle Stores building in the heart of Sydney’s Rocks precinct, The Argyle retains much of the original heritage-listed structure. An iconic Rocks hotspot, The Argyle has become a favourite of both locals and visitors alike since its opening in 2007. It holds a series of unique bars spread over two levels – including the famed outdoor cobblestone courtyard! The Argyle is a venue to suit any mood or occasion.With six bars held over two levels, we have a variety of event areas to suit any mood and function – so whether you decide to hide away in a booth, gather friends around the high tables, chill out in the lounges, or venture out into the open-air sandstone courtyard, the choice is yours!
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Came in on a Friday evening for some drinks, the venue was busy at 5:30pm with Happy Hour. Drinks were delicious especially the espresso martini’s, staff were friendly and attentive. There was a bit of a wait at the bar during happy hour but the line moved fairly quick. The night kicked off really well as the venue slowly transitioned from a bar to a nightclub.

Overall, a great place for some after work drinks and for a night out. Check this place out if you’re in the Rocks.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I went to the Argyle for the first time with a bunch of my mates and we were all blown away. The happy hour from 5-7 provided us with extremely cheap drinks and great live music. I would recommend the argyle to anyone no matter what age, as it the funkiest place out.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends had a VIP table the other night, upon arrival the manager introduced us to the girl who was going to do our bottle service for the night and she was so great. The hosts at the door were so beautifully presented and welcoming to the venue. We felt super special after being directed to our table, receiving wrist bands, individual table service and were always made sure we had a drink in our hand and were being looked after. Super busy venue, well priced tables and drinks for a business so high in demand. Can’t wait to come back. Thanks guys !!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

On my birthday I sent them a list with my guest and let them know we could just make it shortly before 11pm. When arriving was informed by security there was no list, after talking to the manager. He suggested we take the queue (30minutes long) or get a table, which cost 1000$.
Never one apology, just blaming on myself on my own birthday and after talking to the responsible for the list, first they pretended it never happened and then said I was there late.

NO respect for people, just for money.