“Great VIP table service and hosts !!”
Review of The Argyle

The Argyle
Book In Advance
More Info
US$18.43*
and up
Convicts and The Rocks: Sydney's Walking History...
Ranked #162 of 245 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends had a VIP table the other night, upon arrival the manager introduced us to the girl who was going to do our bottle service for the night and she was so great. The hosts at the door were so beautifully presented and welcoming to the venue. We felt super special after being directed to our table, receiving wrist bands, individual table service and were always made sure we had a drink in our hand and were being looked after. Super busy venue, well priced tables and drinks for a business so high in demand. Can’t wait to come back. Thanks guys !!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This venue is absolutely amazing, it's a beautiful venue in the perfect location! If you're looking to be entertained, weekend's here are pretty eventful with live bands, DJs etc! It also hosts a delicious cocktail list which you can enjoy in their amazing courtyard! A must see on a visit to Sydney!!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This old pub and the courtyard is fantastic but the bar service is terrible. Waited for twenty minutes to get a drink and gave up and left. The Lord Nelson is a great pub however!!!!

1  Thank craigdavid2017
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Not only was I ignored for 30 minutes when buying a bottle of water as the bartender continued to serve people behind me and chat to his friends. My friend and I were also completely yelled at by the same bartender after expressing our concerns about him making a drink with lime in it (as she is anaphylactic to it).

Not impressed

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Out with my sister and a couple of friends and think this looks like a pretty cool place (which it is - great venue). Upon getting to the front of the queue to get in, the staff only want to let in the 2 girls, and us 2 boys they try to tell us we are too drunk to get in (2 glasses of wine with dinner, not remotely drunk). After the girls say they won't come in either then if that is the case, they reluctantly let us through. Pretty cool place and the drinks are fairly well priced without too big a queue. We have another 2 beers each inside. At which point I go to the bath room, and a bouncer starts questioning me as I leave. He then kicks me out (after 4 drinks over a 6 hour period), for being too drunk. I ask if I can notify my friends I am leaving (I can see them). He refuses... On the way out there is a girl sat on the side dribbling (no problem if you are female). I then join the growing group of males outside as the bouncers hall guys off the dance floor one by one... I wait outside as a steady stream of single male guys are kicked out of the club (not a single girl). The other guy in our group also gets kicked out an hour later... Whilst I wait outside, he is also not drunk, and finally our group decide to leave. Meanwhile there are a number of incredibly intoixicated girls left in the club, and not a single one of them is kicked out. Truly incredible, and as my only experience of a night out in Australia I was very surprised and dissapointed by it. Call the next day to complain and we are told to "go away", shocking establishment and an embarrassment to Sydney. It would appear by the comments on here I am not alone in thinking this.

1  Thank Ed H