“Great food, sketch service”

Cyren Bar - Grill - Seafood
Ranked #472 of 6,896 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Cyren Bar Grill Seafood creates nostalgia to those who knew Cyren back in the late 1970's. Nick Manettas has re-invented this restaurant in Harbourside to replicate his previous successes with Cyren. Boasting unbelievable views of Sydney CBD whilst being on the water's edge, Cyren at Harbourside is the perfect location for a relaxing meal and drinks. The venue encompasses all aspects you look for in a restaurant including culinary brilliance, the freshest seafood, mouth-watering meats and exciting cocktails. It undoubtedly has the most spectacular view of Darling Harbour. Come and experience the excitement and energy of Cyren and see why it's the most talked about venue of Harbourside.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My hubby and I ate at Cyren on a Friday night. When the waiter tok my drink order, I specifically asked if they have Coke Zero and he responded, "Yes, we have Coke Zero". A different server brought our drinks to the table and as she placed my drink on the table she said, "Diet Pepsi". I questioned her about it as I do NOT like the taste of Pepsi products. As my waiter reappeared they both confirmed that they do not carry Coke Zero. Sooo....I ordered a Pepperoni Mushroom pizza and my husband ordered a BBQ chicken pizza. When the pizzas arrived, my husbands had hamburger, mustard, and fries on it. We had to call the waiter back to the table only or him to confirm that he in fact placed the order for the wrong pizza. Once the orders were corrected

Date of visit: March 2018
Nicks R, Manager at Cyren Bar - Grill - Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Rhopar,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointing experience while dining with us.

We are constantly working on maintaining a consistent and high level of service. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Yours sincerely,

CYREN Bar•Grill•Seafood

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Sat down to have a few drinks after my daughter' s graduation and staff were sooooo rude. I asked if the table could be wiped....the guy grimaced and ignored me. Had to ask another staff member and he was also reluctant to clean the table! We went elsewhere for dinner!

1  Thank Sapphire2017

Dear Sapphire,

I would like to begin apologies to you for the poor service described in your feedback.

I can assure you this is well below the standard of service we strive to provide our customers.

It is clear that we fell well short of your expectations, as well as our own, on the day you dined with us.

I can assure you the feedback provided will be used in our training to help us serve better in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Restaurant Manager
CYREN Bar•Grill•Seafood

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Last Saturday was my second visit to Cyren Bar, Grill and Seafood restaurant located at ground floor of Harbourside building in the heart of Darling Harbour ! This area is one of the most attractive tourist destinations and favorite place to visit by locals for recreation. It is always crowded and busy, day and night especially during weekends.
There is a large paid parking lot attached to the building, so parking is not a big problem.
Cyren covers a large space for dine in with outdoor seating along the harbour, seats under the glass roof and more tables inside. The room is bright and modernly designed !
Two bars, one on the right and one on the left provide a variety of drinks. The kitchen is located in the middle rear which is always busy.
We ordered Garlic Bread and Fatuous salad for entree and the Award Winning Giant Ribs, Pizza Marinara and Fisherman's Basket for the main.
We didn't have to wait long because the service was super quick and the man who served us was very friendly and fast !
The garlic breads, fried seafood and chips were fresh and crisp. The pizza was good and the ribs were tender, juicy and had excellent taste. Only drawback- the fatuous salad was not too close to the middle eastern taste.
If you come during the weekend and public holidays, you have to pay surcharge $5 per adult and if you come for dinner and park your vehicle in the paid parking lots, remember to validate your ticket before 9pm at the building's customer service counter to get at special rate for your vehicle otherwise you have to pay at normal rate which is $25.
Overall CYREN is a place you have to visit because the experience and ambiance are memorable.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our first impressions were fantastic! Lovely bar service, and politely seated in a beautiful table for 2 on the table above the booths. Which turned out to be amazing! The drinks were fast and delicious! The Aperol Spritz was great! Peter,.. Peter is an absolute asset to your restaurant. Both of us have been in hospitality for many years and we of course critique quite harshly on service,... Our expectations were exceeded and we couldn’t be happier. Thank you Peter and to the manager that was on that night,.. Michael? We appreciated everything! Have the T-Bone and the Seafood Marinara! The chilli octopus was my favourite!

Date of visit: April 2018
Nicks R, Manager at Cyren Bar - Grill - Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Nash,

What a special occasion! Thank you for choosing us to help you celebrate your wedding anniversary! Peter is one of our oldest staff members – he has been with us since CYREN opened – so you can trust him with all the suggestions and specials that he his always on top of!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future once again!

The Cyren Restaurant & Bar Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went there for lunch after attending a ceremony at Darling Harbour. Had the $32 lunch special of prawn cocktail, steak and chips and a drink. The service was efficient and very friendly and the food was excellent - just enough and very well cooked. I would recommend this restaurant highly.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us! We change our lunch special daily with fresh produced that is delivered to us. Our chefs have always something tasty to offer!

We hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy another meal with the waterfront views!

The Cyren Restaurant & Bar Team