“Never again!”

Ranked #99 of 352 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I purchased the tour as a gift for my parents (both in their 60’s). I once booked them on a Tall-Ship cruise, but they found it a bit uncomfortable - so I specifically booked this Convict Tour as it was on the Wangi Queen vessel. Shortly after making my booking, I was contacted to advise that the Wangi Queen had been damaged in a storm so the cruise was now on a Tall-Ship – this was OK as the contact was prompt and after I explained that I specifically required the Wangi Queen, my parents were rescheduled for a later date. However, 11 days before the cruise, I was advised there wasn't enough bookings to make the cruise profitable - so it was cancelled, and I was asked to reschedule. I rescheduled for 3 weeks later and was assured – after specifically asking – that I’d receive at least 2 weeks’ notice in the event of yet another cancellation. 4 days - yes, only 4 days before the cruise, I was notified that the latest booking had also now been cancelled due to a lack of numbers. Again, no empathy or offer of compensation, just a request for a new preferred date. The cruise/tour itself was apparently OK - but I wouldn't recommend cancelling other plans or declining invitations to other events for this cruise, as you can only rest assured your cruise will actually go ahead about 3 days out from the date you've booked and paid for.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed an interesting and scenic afternoon on this cruise and walk around Goat Island. Our guide Esther was amazing, so friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgable. The lunch was plentiful, tasty and nice quality. The excursion on Goat Island was fascinating and very scenic with fabulous views of Sydney Harbour. The cruise around the Harbour was more than expected and everything was well organised and delightful.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

We didn't know what to expect when boarding the Wangi Queen. It turned out to be a perfect way to see Sydney harbour on board an old 1920's ferry. We never knew that this island had so much history. It is a pity they don't utilise the existing buildings as accommodation options. There are spectacular views of the harbour bridge. The lunch is very basic and plentiful. Three shredded meats, salad and rolls. Plenty to drink, with champagne and wine flowing freely. The breathtaking harbour views were the icing on the cake. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this tour for both tourist and locals alike.

3  Thank sparky268
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

New acronym, greatest of all tours = GOAT.

Brilliant day for a perfect Sydney summer afternoon with Esther and the captain. Esther is very knowledgeable about the harbour and the island, was generous with the bubbles and a very fun personality. Can't give this tour any less than 5 stars, and if I could remember how to give Esther the tip for best tour guide, I would. We're locals, this trip is highly recommended for locals and tourists!

From the Bennetts.

2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We were given this tour as a Christmas present by family. We'd never visited Goat Island before so thoroughly enjoyed the harbour cruise. Our tour guide, Keegan, was fantastic. He was very knowledgeable & entertaining to a group of all ages. The weather was showery on & off but that didn't stop everybody having a good time. Would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank TrishS002