1,218 results
All reviews kings cross great location train station potts point taxi rank noisy at night free wifi boutique hotel coles supermarket street noise rooms are small bars and restaurants short stay the ground floor public transport would stay again opera house
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here a few ago as a last minute choice and expected an average hotel but was pleasantly surprised. Although the rooms are smallish, furnishing and fittings are good and comfortable.

At the front door is a convenience store, 50 meters down the road is upmarket restaurants, bars, and a great breakfast spot.

So, as a base for a traveller to explore Sydney at a reasonable price , I would recommend... Just don't expect panoramic views or large rooms!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Seyahbiz
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback.

We're really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Bayswater Sydney. It's always great to know when we get it right!

Of course if you do return and are looking for a view, our Executive King Suites offer this, as well as being a much larger room.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bayswater on the 10th of September. I arrived in Sydney later than her so she had to put the deposit on the hotel even though I made the reservation. The amount was meant to be refunded to her 3 days later. This did not happen, she called and was told it would be done straight away. She then checked her account and instead of the money being refunded, another 100 was taken from her account which was confirmed by her bank. This is getting absolutely ridiculous!!! She is getting a run around from the people working at the desk and not getting any answers on why this has happened. Very poor customer service!!!! We are so annoyed and disappointed! My band travels very often and stays in hotels, I have NEVER had this sort of problem. I will never be staying at this hotel again. The staff has been absolutely useless in following anything up and we have been made to make all the contact constantly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ren P
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you for leaving your comments and feedback. It's really important for us to hear from guests, being such a new hotel, so we can continually improve our service offering.

Of course even though you had made the reservation, as with any hotel, before checking into the room we must have a valid credit card on file. So, whoever arrives first at any hotel for a reservation must be prepared to do this, it's part of our security policy.

At The Bayswater Sydney we don't hold 'deposits' or 'bonds', we simply run a validity check on the card through our eftpos terminal when you check-in. There was never money being held off your card throughout your stay. Of course if your reservation is not pre-paid, we do hold the remaining balance payable as a deposit until you check-out so that you don't have to settle your account on check-in, which we think makes for a much more pleasant arrival experience. Of course, when you check-out this amount will be charged, because it is what you still need to pay for the accommodation. Possibly you may have been confused about this pre-authorisation procedure, I apologise if it was not explained to you correctly or in enough detail.

The amount left on your card is the actual charge of the accommodation, not a refundable deposit as you had not booked through a pre-paid website.

We have checked our account records from the dates you had stayed and have no outstanding amounts payable or receivable, so I suspect your bank might be able to give more of an indication of where this $100 was taken from. Our records are from our bank, which confirm that no such charge was processed.

Thank you again for leaving your comments.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Look, the hotel itself was lovely, and conveniently located. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in (although perhaps not for a tall person), and the room was well appointed and well priced for hotels in Sydney.
But I simply could not get decent internet access at any time during my two night-stay. Once I got the front page of BOM up and at one point, after about 10 frustrating minutes, it got as far as the gmail login page, but it kept timing out after that. Every time. This is clearly not acceptable during a business trip.
I don't know if this is because I took advantage of the Facebook free wireless offer, but regardless, you shouldn't be making such offers to guests if you can't deliver the service. And it's clearly not my computer as I had and have no trouble connecting to wireless elsewhere. For a business trip, internet access is as essential an amenity as light and water, really.
Also, there was some stains (maybe old food, hopefully nothing else) on the sash thing over the end of the bed, but all the other linen seemed clean and in order. Oh, and there was an old toothbrush that a former guest seems to have left behind, sitting ON TOP of the shower door - not very easy to spot and I only noticed it after a day.
Because of the internet issue, I would not stay again, despite the other things to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Thank you very much for providing your comments and feedback. It's very important for us to know what guests think about the customer experience at The Bayswater Sydney, because we're always trying to outdo ourselves.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel in general and specifically the comfort of the bed. Of course we do have larger king size beds in our King Deluxe Rooms for anybody wanting a larger bed.

I do apologise for the internet. We were having some problems when you stayed with us that had to do with the telecommunications line that runs down our street, so as you could imagine an immediate fix was very difficult for us to achieve. I can tell you though, that the situation has been rectified and the internet is working faster than ever.

I apologise for the tooth brush left in your room, there is no excuse of this. I have passed this incident on to the housekeeping manager so he can speak to his team about not letting this happen again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

The staff were very friendly and the rooms have been recently decorated with nice modern fixtures, including a nice large flat-screen TV. The room was quite small but fine for a short stay (there may be larger family rooms, I don't know).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Phil-Whitehead
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your kind comments. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the modern rooms at The Bayswater Sydney. We're very proud of how modern they look and feel.

Of course we do have larger rooms such as you have suggested, such as the King Deluxe or the Executive King Suite. If you're staying for more than a couple nights we definitely suggest booking these larger rooms with a bit of extra space.

Thank you for booking with us and we look forward to seeing you again someday in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

This was not the first time i had stayed in this hotel - i had done so with my partner when it had just opened and that stay was quite plesant. This time around i was staying there for my best friends Hens Night and had booked a room for two people. the room itself had a queen size bed and a king size bed inside, it was very well presented. Upon arrival the receptionist gave me my room keys and i headed up to the room. a few friends later arrived for a chat before heading out for the night. i returned back to the room around 11pm with a few friends, i had to go downstairs for something and then tried to get back into the hotel lobby and was approached by a security gaurd at the door who asked me rudely for my room number he then looked at his peice of paper and advised me that there was only allowed to be two people staying in that room - i advised him that we were just getting changed before heading out again and he told me 'ok no one after 12'. as a few of my friends had left their bags in the room while we were out they came back to get them before going home at around 3am - we got to the hotel and i was ready to explain myself to the guard but he was not their so we went inside - 2 minutes later i got a knock at the door - it was him and i advised him they were leaving they had just come to get their bags, he then left. shortly after the room was called two times in the space of 5 minutes by the receptionist telling me they had to go - on both occasions i advised him they were just getting their stuff together and then they would be down. Although they probably shouldnt have been in the room we were not being disrupptive, nor noisy and i just cant fathem the way we were spoken to and the way they were kicked out. i think these people have their expectations wrong - they are a hotel on one of the main strips of kings cross im sure the majority of their customers are all aged 18-30, they are not a bed and breakfast in the middle of the woods nor would i consider them a family hotel.. I was a paying customer and i deserved to be treated with respect. i can assure i will never be staying their again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Firstly, we're very happy to hear you enjoyed the room. We're very proud of the rooms at The Bayswater Sydney and we think they are unrivalled by any other hotels in the area.

I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay. While your travel may have been for the purposes of a more 'party' themed trip. we do have many guests who stay at The Bayswater Sydney from overseas who are here for sightseeing and do not want to be woken in the night by large groups of people going in and out of the hotel, which is why we take guest security very seriously.

Unfortunately, if a guest breaches the guidelines that you signed on registration, in your case this was of course having a group of people in your room at midnight, then security will take all appropriate measures to ensure the safety, security and comfort of all our other guests in the hotel. We had several complaints that evening about your group which is why action had to be taken.

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback.