All reviewsbedroom lofthyde parkgreat locationboutique hotelsmall hotelst jamesthe heart of the cityreception areaironing boardpitt st mallstreet noisewithin walking distancegood sizecomfortable staywould definitely stay here againdarling harbourcomfortable bed
Reviewed 4 September 2017

You get what you pay for. At the equivalent of $125 US a night, it was a bargain due to its central location, appearance and cleanliness; despite lack of an early check in and no restrooms in the lobby for washing up after a long flight. (The desk attendants advise you to use the universal bathroom Starbucks around the corner. I don’t understand why more international hotels don’t simply provide a changing room with a small shower for early arrivals.)

The first night was quiet but the second evening a large family could be over heard, and then in the early morning there was the ongoing sound of some mechanical problem and I am not someone who is particularly sensitive to noise. Pluses include passes to a full service gym nearby, and a wine and coffee bar for early morning and late evening sips.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Hi Park8 Hotel Team,

I stayed in your Hotel on 20 August Gave 100$ Credit card,But Its not yet Reversed to my account.Today is 3 Sept ,I have tried Calling hotel several Times But no Response from them.Please help me before I have to take any action.

Thanks
Pulkit

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Good location and the room was clean which are the two most important factors to me. Bathroom was small, but the shower was nice and powerful. The lift was impossibly slow however, and the WiFi didn't work for me which was important given that I was there on business. In saying this, I would stay again provided it wasn't a business trip. My one complaint would be the heater/air con unit. I stayed in August and it was quite cold, the heater took a very long time to take the chill off the room and it was very noisy. The staff were really helpful, and when we were woken up early for a fire evacuation (false alarm) they were very apologetic despite the fact that it certainly wasn't their fault. I would say this hotel is reasonable for the price you pay, Sydney accommodation prices are extortionate compared to my home town of Adelaide.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear AmyTraveller30,
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Park8 Sydney. I am pleased to read that our rainwater shower was to your liking and your room clean and comfy. It is great to read our team were friendly and helpful, particularly during the fire alarm activation (we do apologize, we certainly take all alarms and guest safety seriously). Sydney is certainly a very dynamic city for rates, changing every minute. We hope to welcome you back to an 8Hotel around Australia, Perth, Sydney or Melbourne next time you travel. Until then, safe travels AmyTraveller30!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We spent 4 nights here at Park8, our last night we added on as a separate booking before we left home as we decided to stay longer in Sydney and we found that there was no issue for them and we kept same room. We loved the location, especially close to transport, shopping, Sydney Tower and Circular Quay. Our room and bed was very comfortable and warm. Friendly staff, we ordered a pizza to our room, the staff contacted our room when pizza arrived. We were just comfortable all round and our 7 year old daughter loved it.

Room Tip: An extra pillow in room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jsduane1,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear our team provided great friendly service to you and your family - it was a delight having you stay with us. We love seeing familiar faces and have some great hotels in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne - so if you are traveling around and need a comfy bed and warm greeting, let us know.
Until next time, safe travels Jsduane1.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stayed here on a 4 day 3 night trip to Sydney and loved it. The location was amazing, close to Westfield, close to restaurants, however, was a 20 minute walk from the harbour. The price was reasonable for a 3.8 star hotel in the middle of Sydney and it came with room service. The downsides to the hotel room we stayed in were that there was no microwave or toaster, so most meals had to be eaten out, that it was very small and only suited 2 people max, the windows were only single paned which allowed the cool air in and the traffic noise in at night. As we only stayed 3 nights and were barely in the room during the day it suited us well, however, if planning to stay longer I would recommend getting a room with a microwave and a little more square footage.

Room Tip: The twin rooms are usually quite cool and room located near the main road a noisy at night
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thanks for your review Rebecca B,
We are so pleased to read that overall your time with Park8 was enjoyable. We are always happy to assist with reserving a room with a larger footprint, perhaps our one or two bedroom loft would be more suitable with over 60m2 footage. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
General Manger