“Great location”
Review of Park8 Hotel Sydney

Park8 Hotel Sydney
Ranked #65 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Good spot in the city near the Pitt Street mall and Museum and Town Hall Stations. It's quiet even though it's located right near a pub. The hotel is clean, but the rooms felt a little old and small, in particular the bathroom, which didn't seem like it had been renovated very well. We got a good rate (under $200) and I'm not sure I'd stay here unless we got a low rate again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear TravelChick78,

It was a pleasure to have you with us, and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our convenient central location and found everything clean and tidy! We are also glad that you felt it was good value on the special you booked. We have various promotions available throughout the year and can be contacted directly 24/7 for information on our best value options.

It is a shame that you weren't overly taken with your room, and we would love to know which room number you were in so that we could follow up on your comments further. Please feel free to contact us directly with more information. We do have several different room types at Park8 Hotel, all with different configurations, and it may be that another room type would better suit your preferences.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back someday soon. Take care until then.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Apart from the excellent location (one can walk from the hotel basically to everywhere that matters in central Sydney), the hotel offers a very pleasant environment and a totally helpful staff. I stayed for 6 nights in a standard room and I did not find any bad things to say (well, maybe they could do a better job in cleaning the dust in the room - I have the impression that they do not clean the furniture properly). As a guest, I had complimentary access to the gym one block away from the hotel - an excellent gym, by the way! Free wifi is really a treat and works perfectly. I did not order things from the cafe, but it was always busy, so I guess it offered good food / drinks. If you are here looking for a nice place to stay, I guess you will not have to search further.

Room Tip: I called in advance to let then know that I am a light sleeper and they assigned me a very quiet roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear CHG_Brasilia,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! It is a shame that you didn't have the opportunity to try anything from our little espresso bar, but it's a good reason for you to come and visit again!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your room. We have used your comments in our weekly refresher training to ensure our high standards are maintained at all times.

Please feel free to contact us directly at any time when you are returning to Sydney; we love to welcome back familiar faces! Stay well until then.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel on the corner of Castlereagh and Park Streets is well situated near Hyde Park, George Street, and Pitt Street Mall for shopping. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, and provided excellent service. The foyer is very small with an adjoining mini cafe / bar - all quite cozy and ambient. Unfortunately we missed out on Happy Hour the day we arrived! The room we stayed in is modern and clean and I LOVED the oversized shower head! The king size bed was very comfortable, and I liked that there was a crisp white doona cover rather than a grubby bed spread. I personally found the pillows to be quite flat and wonder about the quality or whether it is time to replace them with new ones. There are block out blinds and curtains, so the room remained really dark in the morning - great for anyone who enjoys a sleep in. I am a light sleeper, so was bothered by the street noise on the first night. Sydney is a city that doesn't stop! I bought some ear plugs and that helped a lot. Overall, this is a hotel without frills, such as newspapers, cable TV, or gym, but what it does offer is done really well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MarycA61
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear MarycA61,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It was a pleasure to host you and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

What a shame that you missed out on our Happy Hour! It's only a new initiative in the hotel, so we are super excited that you mentioned it. Make sure you call us directly when you next visit so that we can schedule Happy Hour during your stay (we don't operate it every day yet, but hopefully in the future we will be able to!).

You are not the first guest to mention the pillows and we will be updating them throughout the hotel. Please also remember that you can call reception at any time with any requests or concerns - we can easily assist with issues such as replacement of pillows as they arise, to ensure a comfortable stay for you. We also have sleeping aids available at reception so always ask us before purchasing such things; it's highly likely we will already have it available at the hotel for you!

We do have Foxtel channels available in all rooms, and complimentary passes available to the nearby Fitness First gym - just enquire at reception during your next stay and we will happily provide further details. The Daily Telegraph and The Australian newspapers are available from the cafe for our guests as well. We do apologise that these extra services were not explained to you during your stay, but you will definitely be able to enjoy them all next time!

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back and hope that life treats you well until we next see you.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Perfect location, clean & comfortable. The front staff are helpful and friendly. The location is good for shopping and perfect for Sydney's transport system with train stations close by in all directions.We had a great time here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank beach3934
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear beach3934,

It was our pleasure to host you and we are so grateful for your kind words!

We love to welcome back familiar faces and would be delighted if you contacted our 24/7 reception desk when you are next travelling to Sydney so that we can look after you with great rates and any special preferences.

We hope that the trip home was a comfortable and stress-free one, and we shall look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I chose this hotel after looking at several options in Tripadvisor. I'm glad I could join all these complimenting people :) The front staff was really friendly, helpfull and professional, I can only wish we had the same kind in Finland! They're all in the right profession!

My room was big enough (I stayed alone, so the doublebed was huge :D ) and it was absolutely clean, like the bathroom (I had a shower). My room didn't have a window, which was kind of a bummer. My friend was staying in a room with a window (at the same time) and she said I had the better deal, because the street was pretty noisy. I didn't hear a thing.

I opened a bottle of water on the desk, thingking it wasn't part of the minibar (the hotel seemed so fancy I thought they offered it), only to realise later I did have to pay for it. My bad.

The location was awesome! Near the Hyde Park, near train station, near Monorail stop - all about one block away! To me it was also a walking distance from the Sydney Opera House.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Delenna
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Delenna,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very happy that we lived up to your expectations in every way.

Our Standard rooms do all have the frosted windows ensuring maximum privacy and noise control - they are perfect for single travellers and we are so glad you enjoyed it!

We always encourage guests to contact us directly with reservation enquiries, that way we can do our best to accommodate requests such as higher floor allocations for lighter sleepers (the Sydney CBD can indeed be quite vibrant at times!). For anyone who is concerned about street noise we would definitely recommend our split-level level Loft Apartments which are on the top floor of our hotel and very quiet.

Please let us know when you are next planning to visit Sydney so that we can look after you with the best possible rates. We love to welcome back familiar faces and look forward to having you with us again!