All reviews bedroom loft hyde park great location boutique hotel small hotel st james reception area ironing board pitt st mall within walking distance good size comfortable stay would definitely stay here again darling harbour central location short stay queen victoria building
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Perfect location, outstanding service, very clean apartment. The front staff are very courteous and profestional. They are definitely a credit to the organisation. As mentioned location is perfect for all those who wish to shop all day and perfect for Sydney's transport system with train stations close by in all directions and taxis just around the corner.. Its also great to walking to all the great restaurants Sydney has to offer. A real bonus is the 24 hour coffee from their attached coffee shop... and it's real coffee. That in itself is worth the stay. When in Sydney next staying here is a must if you want all you expect from a hotel. Could'nt fault it.

Room Tip: If you are offered the upgrade take it. its not that much more and worth it. Make sure you have their coffee.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear KiwiStevechch,

We were so excited by your kind words - thank you for such a shining review!

It is wonderful that you enjoyed the coffee from our espresso bar, Cafe8. We are truly lucky to have such a wonderful little extra service for our guests (and ourselves! In fact, we're indulging in a macchiato and spaghetti & cheese jaffle for lunch right now - yum!).

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Park8 Hotel and remember that our reception is 24/7 so we are here to help with reservation enquiries at any time.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I am a Aussie who travel between Tokyo and Sydney and work in the hotel industry. Every aspect of Sydney hotels are well below the standard that of Tokyo Hotels. So I try to compare to Park8 to the Sydney Hilton. The difference is the price , u pay more for the same standard u receive at the Hilton so that means u should stay at the Park8 and pay less and the Hilton is only a block away in location.
Johno-San

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank 50johno
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Johno-San,

It's always great to hear the thoughts of a fellow industry person and we are so happy to see that you rated our service as a 5/5!

We pride ourselves on delivering a wonderful, personalised experience for our guests and offering a unique boutique product.

We would love to have you back with us in the future and invite you to contact our friendly 24/7 reservations desk to enquire about great value deals that offer throughout the year.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

This was an easy choice given the central location within 1 block of Town Square train station and 1/2 block of Hyde Park (great for walking or a morning run).

My huge corner room, 403, was bright and airy with a gorgeous deep bathtub. It was a bit noisy but had double pane windows that help a bit. Check out is at Noon which helps when you're traveling for business.

Good equipment in the room - safe, iron, fridge, coffee/tea making, desk, etc. All the normal things one needs when traveling. Bed was a bit squishy for me but nonetheless I slept well.

Front desk help was superb - warm, friendly, and professional. Great first impressions.

Only concern was when I came out of my room and found a woman wandering the halls looking for an Accountant's office (which was 1 block away according to the business card she was holding). Not sure how she got onto the floor given the security swipe card required to get to a particular floor. Her story seemed a bit off and I did wonder....and made sure I had my valuables in the safe or with me from then on.

Then, housekeeping came in the following day without knocking thinking I had checked out. Good thing I was dressed! He seemed sincerely apologetic and probably just needs a bit of training to knock 2x and call out "housekeeping" before entering. Might be a good thing to check the guest list to confirm check-out. Yes, I had the lock on the door but it didn't work. No harm done though.

I travel all the time for work and these two events will put me off staying at the hotel again on my own. However, I would book it for when my husband and I are in Sydney.

Room Tip: 403 - large corner room with a nice partial view of the Park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank VCD1
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear VCD1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your room!

We are most grateful that you bought that odd incident regarding the woman on level 2 to our attention. It appears that she gained access via the elevator with some other guests who were returning to their room on level 2. We do often get people at our property looking for the well hidden accountants office (located just on the other side of our neighbouring post office), so it is not unusual to hear that she was a little lost, but it is highly unusual that she gained access to one of our levels. Our 24/7 reception desk will be sure to continue to closely monitor all entries and exits to the hotel with this instance in mind.

Similarly, thank you for you notes regarding the housekeeping intrusion. They do indeed have a list of occupied rooms and this was, unfortunately, a simple case of human error. You are very kind to note how apologetic the staff member was and all we can do is extend our most sincere apologies again, and assure you that we have reiterated to our housekeeping team the importance of attention to detail to avoid this happening again!

It is such a shame that these instances have affected your confidence in our property but we are so happy that you will return with your partner - maybe then we can mend the relationship and make you feel secure once again.

Stay well until your next visit!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here in early July. We had 2 rooms, a deluxe room for us and the 2 brm apartment for my sister and her two teens. We all had a fab holiday and loved the location and amenities of the hotel. I think the free wifi is a nice touch too. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly, right from booking to after we checked out! Only 2 grizzles is the room we had was quite dark and the lights weren't great to read by. Mercedes assured me she was sorting that out. The other was, using the sister hotel laundromat involved a trek to Chinatown. A local laundromat recommendation would have been better if there is one. I'd recommend staying here, it's reasonably priced for a central Sydney hotel. We also enjoyed eating breakfast at the Coffee Club round the corner. The food was good and gluten and dairy free were no problem.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and apartment and got them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear princess5222,

Thank you so much for choosing to spend your time in Sydney with us and for your glowing review!

You are absolutely correct - we are sourcing new bedside lamps with much better lighting for reading. We are looking forward to having them in all rooms and to hearing your thoughts after your next visit!

Self-service laundromats are a tricky one in the CBD area, certainly at our end of town in particular. Of course, we do have serviced laundry and dry cleaning available for our guests at the hotel, but we understand that some travellers prefer to do their own laundry (especially to save costs when travelling for extended periods of time!). So, we will keep searching for closer options and if any readers out there know of any self-service laundromats near our hotel, please do let us know!

We are so looking forward to having you with us in the future and wish you all the best until then.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Second time not as good except for the female staff members especially the fabulous Tia. However toilet didn't work as well, wifi was slow and unreliable, and when I booked I was told breakfast would be complimentary. Hugo charged me for the breakfast and as of now still has not responded me rectified this. I don't want this to be my last trip but..... Location though can't be beaten.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paulhfischer
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Mr Fischer,

We really appreciate your honest feedback following your most recent stay with us and we hope your journey home was smooth and comfortable!

Although it is extremely disappointing to note that we didn't quite meet your expectations this time around, the breakfast miscommunication was rectified with you directly as quickly as possible yesterday and we understand from your response that we will indeed have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

You are such a valued member of our Park8 family and it is very upsetting for us also that we caused you any inconvenience at all - we extend our heartfelt apologies.

Thank you so much for bringing the maintenance issue regarding the toilet to our attention. We are happy to report that it's repaired and as good as new!

We have also tested the wireless internet signal in your room in case there is an existing interference, but were unable to find any sings of fault. We are terribly sorry that you experienced a slow connection; please always feel welcome to contact us at our 24/7 reception so that we can arrange for immediate investigation and rectify the issue as soon as possible.

It's wonderful to see that you still felt well looked after by our dedicated team; thank you for your kind words about the girls!

Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss any of these items further; we want to ensure that you feel satisfied with the way we have handled the issues that occurred and win back your heart!

Take care and we hope that life treats you well until we next see you at Park8 Hotel.