All reviewsking streetdarling harbourrooftop poolroad noiselaundry facilitieschinatownpartying
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Holy cow! We stayed here the night before our family cruise and it was a $245/night waste of money.. 1 bed for 4 people.. air con broken and mouldy... crapy reception with no help in the rain on the steps with 4 suit cases.. kitchen was horrible with cupboards water logged. I’d be happy if I paid $60/night NOT $245

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi petlou06.
Thank you for your review as we take all feedback very seriously.
I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
While we do have stairs leading in to the building, reception is always happy to help, rain or shine.
I am also sorry to see that you couldn't find the sofa bed in the room, if reception was notified, we most certainly would have come to help you with it.
Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

In this particular trip I had to do some urgent work and being able to connect to WiFi was utterly important.

Internet stopped working after our first night. Despite raising the issue with staff several times, no action was taken. In fact, on of the responses I got was "OK, but my phone is getting reception" (sure, but this was at the reception on the ground floor at the building opposite ours!).

I am conscious that access to internet might not be a big deal when you are on holidays, but occasionally you need to be able to connect to sort out pressing issues, and in this day on age I can't really excuse a hotel that doesn't provide this type of service. It's a utility, like electricity and water.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Erick8855,

thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our great location,

However I am sorry to see that you found our staff unhelpful as we regularly get compliments on our staffs friendlt and helpfuk manner. I am sorry if you did not find this to be the case.

I am also sorry to see you couldn't access the wifi, we have since had our IT department out to check and no issue was found, though we have reset the system anyway to avoid issues like this in the future.

Thank you again for your review as we take all feedback seriously

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Situated on the corner of King and Sussex, this little apartment is basic, clean and efficient. Best location ever for the price. Close to some of the main sights of the city, Darling Harbour, Chinatown, and great public transport. There is also the shuttle bus to the airports just outside the hotel. All within walking distance. Ofter fully booked out during big events in Sydney.

Stayed: October 2017

Thank you monistorz, for taking the time to review our apartments.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our excellent location is a great place to base your stay from while exploring the city.

Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 apartments for our family of 5 the night before sailing on a cruise ship.
Had to drag bags up flight of stairs to check in. Then drag them back down & across the road to our apartment.
Got stuck in the lift. Lift stopped about 50cm short of 1st floor. Broke out ourselves after about 15min. Lift maximum weight 850kg. 5 people & luggage was well under that.
Will never stay there again.

Stayed: December 2017
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you, Trevor L, for taking the time to review our property

We appreciate the time you took to review our property as we take all feedback seriously.

Kindest Regards, Management

Reviewed 27 December 2017

When I originally read the reviews for Metro Apartments on King I thought people were just whinging, but they were certainly true, if not generous. To be honest, you get LESS than what you pay for, even though the price is already relatively low. I would now stay if they paid me $1,000,000.
There were absolutely so many things wrong with the place. To begin with, the car park is a 5 min walk from the hotel, so you have to drag your luggage up the stairs and walk down the road every time you want to get to your car. The reception is over the road and is in a disgraceful state. Even the keycard is falling apart... When we used the electronic keycard to enter the building, you had to place the card right up against the reader for about 10 seconds, for two doors. The lift is EXTREMELY slow and we got stuck in it twice. It really needs a service. The lobby for the floor you are on is tiny and has no ventilation. We were given two keys and neither of them worked to get into our apartment upon arrival. As it was raining, we rung them and someone came up to tell us they had gave us the WRONG KEY... He went to get another one then immediately left again without even checking it worked, which it didn't. We soon figured out that you had to put the key in a quarter of the way, it took a few tries each time. The apartment is very small and there is dust everywhere. It looked like a crime scene. Every millimeter of the place was appalling to say the least. The bathroom fan didn't work and steam was everywhere after a shower. The showerhead was leaking and you couldn't tighten it so you had to put the pressure on so hard it is extremely uncomfortable, just to keep the showerhead upright. The washing machine and dryer in a tiny cupboard in the bathroom were broken and the dryer bracket was broken so it was hanging by a thread. The bathroom also had no windows and the light was extremely weak. The tiles had cracks in them and it was easy to cut your foot. The dishwasher had wet, used detergent in the detergent section that looked like vomit. The cutlery had food scraps on it. The fridge made a disgusting, loud "bubbling" noise that kept us up at night. We turned on the airconditioner and there was no air coming out whatsoever. I opened up the filters to find (see photo). We cleaned them out and the air conditioner still refused to work very well. The drains in the bathroom and kitchen were blocked and the toilet had a poo in it when we got there... There was also no toilet paper. The TV remote had corroded batteries inside and misleading advertising told us there was foxtel which was untrue. The bedroom featured uncomfortable beds and pillows without cases. The reception had us at 10:15am saying that checkout was at 10:00, even though the info booklet and our confirmation email stated 11:00. I don't know why we didn't check out at 7am. The wifi didn't work and the pool was also disgusting and the filter didn't work.

This was by far the worst and most disappointing stay we have ever had. I wish I had something good to say about it, but I do not.

PLEASE invest your money in somewhere descent (Such as the Sofitel, Intercontinental, Quay West etc. Everywhere was booked when we stayed) This place needs to be bulldozed
immediately.

Will NEVER be returning.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Max H,

Thank you got taking the time to review the property.

I have taken on board your comments from your review.

We have done a audit of all our rooms and find that the rooms are of a very high cleaning standard.

With regards to the maintenance issues these have been addressed.