“Entered a sceptic came out a fan.”
Review of Spice Temple

Spice Temple
Ranked #224 of 6,619 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: This is a restaurant by the famous Neil Perry, one of the top chefs in Sydney
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I was with a party of eight and we had the set menu of what seems like a hundred courses! The food quality was exceptional as was the service. Portions were ample and we were actualy surprised with how much we had ended up ordering. There was also a really good tailoring of the set menu to suit two coeliacs who were not hindered in any way in terms of choice. The pork, fish, beef, tofu and prawns all hit the spot. As I said in my header, I was really sceptical about a banquet in a large restaurant group location, I am now keen to go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We booked a five course menu 'spice temple and little bao'. It was more of a tasting we left feeling hungry. We were four on a table (2couples) and we had to share every serving together which wasn't enough while the couple sat next to us were served the same portion to share between them two which I thought was unfair to us.

The starter 'prawn Bao' was good but that's about it. The rest of the menu was very standard and definitely not worth the money we paid ($105 pp). The Kung Pao chicken was full of big red chillies (whole) which you couldn't eat.

The restaurant it self was ok, there was no guard at the gate and the steps gave a feel of a rundown area but inside the restaurant was nice.

I left the restaurant feeling unsatisfied and disappointed. Iwouldn't go there again.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

We sat at the bar, and it was great. The cocktails also very well done. One of the best Old Fashions Ive ever had.

Lamb Tofu dish to die for.

Even took the opportunity to eat a desert. Was huge, and delicious.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Had a lovely banquet at Spice temple. When I rang and booked they told me I couldn't change the banquet if I didnt eat seafood, so it put me off a bit but I booked as I had a gift voucher and people who gave it to us told me it was great. I thought I would have to get alacarte however they were extremely accommodating, I could change whatever I wanted so we had the $75 per head banquet and was wonderful. Would recommend. Drinks on pricey side but as you would expect. Restaurant and bar is very nice.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Not your standard Cantonese fare or atmosphere, more of a modern twist on regional Chinese food. When you walk down the stairs you become enveloped in the ambience of the place. Get there early and try a cocktail at the bar, even the drinks have a twist of the orient. Once you make it to the table the biggest problem you will have is deciding what to eat. The wait staff were great with advice making recommendations and suggesting what you might like, based on a few simple questions. The food was fantastic the wine was excellent and the staff superb. Thoroughly recommend as fine dining Asian.