“Amazing hotel, with few really small glitches.”
Review of Quest Potts Point

Quest Potts Point
Ranked #80 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in a petit studio. And yes, its PETIT ( small). For 2 people with some luggage it can be cramped. Its not a room you would like to stay all day inn, but its perfect for sleeping. Nice bed, nice tv. Very well equipped kitchenette. Bathroom is small. just for one person. So if you expect large spacious rooms , go for bigger one, this studio is small. Nevertheless its very comfortable and cosy. Very clean and modern looking. Its very close to Tube station, and plenty plenty of bars in the area. I found the area very lively but never felt in any danger . One thing i didnt like is lack of free wifi- and charges are steep ( 50 aud for 3 days). But there is McDonald literally one minute away, and they have free public wifi.
Staff is very helpful and efficient.
You can also walk to Sydney opera house in 20 minutes ( through an amazing botanical garden).

I stayed there on my own, so the room was more than enough for me. But if you are a couple, it can be a bit tight, but nothing REALLY major.

I would recommend this place.

1  Thank Jhbcub

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Having read other reviews I was a little concerned, but found it to be a decent hotel at a good price. I looked at many hotels in Sydney before booking this one and wasn't disappointed. Don't be mislead by the name "Quest Potts Point" - it is a VERY short walk from Kings Cross station. However, the area is not as bad as I was expecting, having some great places to eat and bars nearby. The rooftop area is fantastic - good views of the city and a nice place to meet other travelers over a glass of vino! Rooms are very small, but they make good use of the size and it is tastefully decorated. On the down side, staff were not overly friendly and I did not expect the 'credit card bond' on arrival.

Room Tip: Don't eat the breakfast pack - you have to pay!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welovepho
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have friends who have just moved to Potts Point and on a weekend trip to visit them I booked a Petite Studio (PET) at Quest Potts Point primarily because the hotel is two doors down from their apartment, but also because the overall reviews for the hotel were not bad. I booked through the hotel's website but after having stayed there I think that it was not good value for money, particularly considering that there was no breakfast or WiFi included in the rate.

As far as I can tell, the location is all that this property has going for it. You're bang in the middle of the red light district, but still tucked away a bit. The King's Cross subway station is a brief stroll away and there is a taxi stand located very close by as well.

I checked in at 10:30 PM and I chalked up their lack of enthusiasm to the late hour. I was told that I had been upgraded and was given Room 106. Great! Until the elevator started to move DOWN from reception. Yes, it was a dreaded basement room. And here I thought that my backpacking days were behind me.

At this point I'd like to mention that I only gave this hotel a 3/5 rating instead of a 2/5 because I did not bring up any of my problems with the management like I might normally have. This is because I was on a tight schedule and knew that I wasn't going to spend a lot of time at the hotel (for example I checked in at 10:30 PM and was back out by 10:45 PM. So I am giving the management the benefit of the doubt.

The room was fair enough, for a basement affair. It was quite spacious and there were a lot of mirrors too. The 'upgraded' room included a miniscule outdoor patio that was completely unusable unless you were a compulsive smoker. There was a couch in one nook next to a kitchenette, and a TV suspended along one wall. The carpet felt a bit dirty. But the worst part by far was the bathroom. Another reviewer initially mistook the bathroom for the closet, and that is exactly right. It looked like an ad-hoc affair that was coming apart at the seams. The Thumbelina sink was nigh on impossible to use and the shower curtain did nothing to keep the water from spraying everywhere. Thankfully, the shower door was slightly raised, otherwise I'm sure the room would have been flooded. Worse yet, the bathroom did not seem clean. There were stains everywhere and it really did look like bits and pieces were about to come apart, particularly from the ceiling and the corners. There was barely room to turn around in there, and I'm a slight-built Asian guy - I can't imagine how a bulkier person would have fared in there.

Finally, their check-out time is 10 AM, which is ridiculously early, particularly on a Sunday. I asked for noon but the best that they would give me was 11 AM.

I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in the basement.
4  Thank AsiaLad
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Myself and my wife stayed at this Quest , on the basis of the quality of other Quest Apartments we have stayed in . What a mistake . The Apartments are located in the middle of Kings Cross, if we had realised we would'nt have booked in the first place . We stayed for seven nights, from 24th Sept 2011. I think they realise many won't want stay once they have experienced the place . Firstly, the address is misleading the apartments are one street back form the Kings Cross main thoroughfare you're actually in the middle of Kings Cross , surrounded by druggies, prostitutes , drunks , its pretty much 247 no quiet or peace, and unsettling in the evening if you wish to go out for a meal / drink .
I rang reception to complain as there was alot noise from people staying at the apartments.
The original apartment we had booked was a deluxe , I objected as it was so small you had to go outside to change your mind , the next apartment was better but considering how much it cost wasn't value for money . As previously stated by others the bathroom is very small / wash basin useless / impractical , floor would get soaked by overflow from the shower . I paid a security deposit , still not sure what the situation is, I have rang twice regarding credit back ? The staff were pleasant, but we think there's not alot they can do ,the problem is the location and size of the apartments . We're pretty sure Paul Constantinou, Spencer Bailey , Mark Rondo and David Atatagi would'nt wish to spend their precious down time staying in this Quest . Poor value , miniscule size apartments in a bad location , go somewhere else , preferably not in Kings Cross at all .We would have left early but the booking was non refundable . Now we know why !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank samelainer
Reviewed 27 November 2011

In the center of Kings Cross (red light district) a very nice, well kept appartment hotel with a wonderful view from the terrasse on the 4th floor
Rooms are very nice, air is a bit humid and the price is quite hi, but for Sydney normal
Reception takes care of everything you need