“Plenty of Paella”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Sydney's best Spanish restaurant offers traditional Spanish food. The cuisine focuses on sensational Spanish favorites including tapas, traditional paella and housemade churros. At lunch time, why not try our $25 per person lunch special with a glass of wine. For those who want a more relaxing environment, order your tapas and sit at Postales Tapas Bar which is nestled to Postales Restaurant.
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I was two of my friends. On first glance we thought this restaurant was going to be expensive because it looks like a classy place. But after reviewing the menu we saw the mains were around $25.
My friend and I shared the seafood Paella for two and we could not believe how much seafood there was in the dish. All the seafood was cooked as it should be and there was plenty of flavor. We also ordered some tappas. The chorizo is delicious.
The only thing we didnt like was the white AND the red sangria. Both were too sweet and needed more wine and less lemonade.
Overall I would highly recommend it. Enjoy

Reviewed 8 November 2015

The service here is excellent. We were greeted with a smile, and looked after very well the whole meal. We ordered the special - two tapas with a glass of wine. So the four of us shared 8 tapas dishes and it was the perfect amount of food. The tapas is light and refreshing and there is a lot of choice. I loved the calamari, the patatas bravas, the chickpea dish and the croquettes, but it was all good. Lovely quiet spot downstairs in a grand old building. The lighting is intentionally moody (i.e. dark) but they give you mini torches to read the menu :) Will return when in the city for a meal.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

Booked only a couple of hours prior to dinner. Wait staff were very friendly and welcoming. All up the food experience was pleasant although the seafood paella was a little on the salty side. Ambience was conducive to conversation (no echoes or din you get in many places these days) and the waiter did notice we were struggling to read the menu in the dimmed light - brought us a couple of little torches, very observant and proactive indeed! looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

We started with entree of soft shell crab and the croquettes (Jamon) their specialty I believe. Croquettes were good not excellent a little on the bland side for my liking, the soft shell crab was a good size portion but a thick on the batter.
Now the paella was great, we ordered the meat for 2 $69 lots of meat and the rice was cooked to perfection, we had to wait for this last time so ordered it first even before our drinks, it is very filling and we couldn't even finish it. Plus ordered the red sangria my favourite.
It has an open floor plan with some intimate couch seating along the walls, one negative thing is the lighting it is very low to the extreme.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

This was a lovely restaurant we stumbled upon whilst staying at the Westin. We were pleasantly surprised. The calamari was wonderful as was the meatballs, lamb chunks, potatoes and croquettes (Jamon). My only criticism was that we obviously ordered a bit of fried stuff so I felt a little overdone, but the was just our ordering fault. Would recommend