“best ibis ever”

Ranked #99 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 17 February 2012

i stayed in few ibis hotel in my life but this one Wow!!! perfect nice room,friendly staff, big rooms, very clean, ipod duck, nice vue on darling harbour( still small windows) but very cosy
the only down side will be the charge on wifi and some tv channel.over all i relly enjoyed my stay there

Room Tip: ake for the the top floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Kellie6412, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at the Sydney Ibis Kings Wharf in November 2011 on a business trip. The hotel is in an excellent location, just a 30 second walk away from many restaurants on Darling Harbour. The rooms are not very big (but perfectly adequate), and very clean and modern. The bathroom was also perfectly fine. The staff were excellent and all my questions were answered with a smile! I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I chose this hotel due to it being new, good location and reasonably priced. I wasn't disappointed with the location, it's very easy to get around from here, there are buses all around and it's literally a 2 minute walk to the Darling Harbour precint. However, for me that's where the positives stop really.

When I arrived, the guy behind reception was very welcoming and polite, I cannot fault him for that. However what I can fault is how he told me I was "lucky" that they had rooms available when he could not find my internet booking. I had a booking confirmation therefore I get a room. Whether your computer system is "synced" correctly or not is not of my concern and I don't really think it was an appropriate way to address the issue.

He also repeatedly kept asking if it was "just" me for the room. It felt very pointed, and when I got to the room I realised why for there is no possible way that there is a smaller room in that hotel to the one that I was given. I did know going in that the rooms were compact but for someone that is staying more than one night I couldn't understand why you would put them in the smallest room? I have seen pics on their website and not all rooms are that small. There was barely room to put a suitcase down and manouver around with any ease or comfort.

I found the actual room to be quite grubby. For some reason there was always dust on the floor in quite big clumps and I hate this new lazy thing hotels seem to be doing of just putting a sheet over a doona with no cover, it feels very unhygienic to me.
When the room above me used their bathroom, a very high buzzing noise would echo throughout my room at any time of the day or night, at first I thought I was going crazy!! Also my room was right outside a door that was marked 'staff only', which apparently must have been some kind of garbage room as at 7am one morning someone was outside there rustling and crinkling plastic bags to within an inch of their life. Small issues yes, but as a collection they all contributed towards bad nights sleep in this hotel.

Be warned, they do not have room service - if you order any food or drink you have to go down and pick it up yourself!! And if you want to store your luggage after check out they will charge you $7 for the privledge, either that or leave it for free in an unsecured corridor....The whole place just gives the impression that customer service is not their first priority. I won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SorchaOS

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have three different room types available at the hotel, perhaps our Superior or Harbour King rooms would be more to your liking.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

On a recent holiday to Australia, we stayed at all Ibis hotels in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. This one spoilt the last leg of the stay. The room was apparently a 'Queen'?Well, I'm glad I didn't bring my cat to swing round....We overlooked the huge office blocks and we could see them and they, us. The window was depressing in size, maybe 2 foot by 6 foot, with no view other than the office workers. The cleanliness was very poor, we were not hoovered for the whole 6 days! The manager was very patronising in manner, although other staff, more friendly.
The only good point is that the location is good for the harbour, but I would advise paying more and staying at Darling harbour.
My advice, if you're staying for one night, okay, more than that, find a park bench...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fairycake58

We appreciate you sharing your concerns.

An Accor traveller