Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$175
US$288
US$189
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

US$221
US$165
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$127
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$189
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$138
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$149
  • Restaurant
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$157
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$126
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Central Railway Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$69
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2014

this is NOT a hotel it is backpackers accommodation - had to walk two blocks to another place and up 2 flights of stairs to get key and then do that again to get towels. There is no lift and a walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to basic room - no TV or any other niceties. Very noisy and no hot water

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed in several hotels all over the world, and have reviewed quite a few of them. This is my lowest rated one ever. I am not too fussy with hotels and hostels, but this is just absurd. When you book online they tell you there is WIFI, which I expect to pay for because you do almost everywhere in Australia. However, the wifi is actually down the block at World Square Hostel, which you go to to check in and out and get towels. There is no reception at Strattons. We arrived around 11:30 pm on a Friday night and had to check in at the desk which is in the common space that they turn into a night club. So we were shouting back and forth to the bell desk over the loud music and flashing disco lights. My shoes were also sticking to the floor in the grimy mess. There is no lift in Strattons. The rooms just have bunk beds. And nothing else. No air conditioning so it was hot as hell in there and it smelled awfully foul. Only window we had was a window that opened into the noisy (and bright) stairwell. So it never got dark in our room (309). The first bed I tried out was legitimately the WORST bed I have ever laid in. Springs were digging so deeply into my back and I have never felt anything like it. I got into another bed which was super hard but I actually slept fine. Used 3 pillows too, and still wasn't comfortable. There wasn't really a door on the main bathroom so theres no privacy in that regard…. at least there were stall doors. Sinks are the size of a milk bottle. There were also bugs crawling near the sink. The place wasn't necessarily dirty, but it was dusty and run down and the walls and ceilings were dirty. Bathrooms and sheets were reasonably clean but I would only touch the comforter sparingly. The ONLY reason that I gave this hostel 2 stars instead of 1 was because I ended up being able to fall asleep and stay asleep with marginal comfort (sleeping mask and earplugs) and was only there for literally 9 hours. Also the location is pretty central and very ideal. You can get something so much better for the same price so I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Okay, the hostel has a good location. But that sort of sums up all the up's with it. It is dirty, with bugs in the rooms, only 2 toilets per floor, and the beds are hard and noisy. Also the hallway seems to be some kind of place for people to party. Earplugs and sleeping mask is a must-have if you are going to stay here. Hostel has free wifi - at the reception, 2 blocks away. Given, it is cheap, but I think you can fins better places for the same cash. If you don't mind the above, go ahead - after all, I've seen worse.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank riklund
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had to stay here over new year with a minimum stay of 5 nights. During that time there was not internet in our 'annex' its wasn't very clean and there are only 2 showers per floor! If it hadn't been new year our time in Sydney would have been heavily marred by our accommodation,. As it was we didn't hang around and literally just slept there. I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiltedmuppet
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I shared a room in the 5th floor with 4 girls, room was clean, the bed was also not bad, no towels were provided, the shared bathroom was clean also.
Though the address sent in the booking confirmation was not right, the local was in George Street and the address mentioned in the confirmation was 249 Castlereagh Street, not too far but with the luggage was not the best.
Wifi was available in the reception floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo