“Spicy Hot Chinese Food”

Ranked #569 of 6,846 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 1 April 2018

A great place for spicy hot Chinese food lunch.
On entering the restaurant I greeted one of the patrons who was facing the front door - he nodded and then proceeded to cough and splutter holding onto his throat with one hand and grasping for a glass of water with his other hand. I asked him if he was alright and he reassured me that he was. He was advised by another patron at the restaurant not to drink the soup. I knew that this was the right place for me. I really enjoy hot spicy food and I was not disappointed.
There were many different pork dishes which were very popular, but I settled for the pork and pickled veg noodle soup with extra fresh chilies. I was very happy with the food and the service.
The only thing that worried me was the sediment in the drinking water bottle that I was reassured was normal.

1  Thank TimZA

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great place to have chinese. Food quantity and quality are very good. Decor and seating area is also very welcoming. Staff is also very well mannered.

1  Thank Franks6101
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

The colorful outdoor lighting above the alley table caught my eye. I perused the menu posted at the entrance and quickly decided to give it a go. I tried for the first time a rice pancake appetizer that was delicious; kinda crispy and a touch of spiciness. The fried rice as my entree was superb. It had tender kernels of corn included which I like. The couple at an adjacent table had a hot pot that presented beautifully. The ambiance was great and the decor was subtle. I liked the light fixtures of origami. The young ladies who served were tremendous. The cost was reasonable at about $20.00Aus.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Great Chinese, authentic and tasty food in the centre of Sydney. We ordered a number of dishes all excellent. The real stand out was the Beef Hotpot; highly recommended. You don't get much for your money in Sydney but with Spicy China you certainly do!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Grabbed some take away from here, we were simply looking for a nice chinese meal to go with Chinese New Year festival. If you like chilli, this might be the place for you. I like a bit of chilli, two of the meals were loaded with it. Just a bit much for my liking.