“Great starters - Great Moussaka - Other Mains were OK”

Medusa Greek Taverna
Ranked #53 of 6,844 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$14 - US$37
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 17 December 2015

My family and I went this past November.

We ordered a ton of appetizers - well a lot for our small group - from a few meze's (Tzatziki sauce, baba ganoush), halloumi cheese (excellent - get it FOR SURE), greek salad, to calamari. All the appetizers were excellent!

The quality of the mains dipped a bit. I got the stuffed chicken which came served with potatoes. I personally felt that it was too heavy - but if you love your mashed potatoes - your opinion may be different from mine. The preparation of the chicken was excellent and the meal tasted great. I just couldn't take too many bites! My mom ordered the stuffed squid, and it was extremely salty. My parents are too polite to return ordered items, but had I been there alone, I would have returned it. My sister absolutely LOVED her moussaka. She's gluten intolerant, and she found herself loving this restaurant as it really did cater to her needs well. My dad ordered the steak, which was a great cut of the meat.

It's a noisy restaurant, bustling with energy. Honestly, it was a big noisier than I'd like for a restaurant to be. It's possible that we were unlucky with the crowd that was there with us, but I felt like I had to scream a bit to talk with my family!

Generally, I recommend this place. The food as a whole is above average, and if you order the right things, you'll find yourself very much enjoying your meal!

1  Thank Travelmore_SJ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Had the pleasure of having dinner here last night. Food was excellent and the service top class. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and will be back for sure

1  Thank PNMO1978
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

It was a great experience I loved my food both times. We're going back tomorrow it was that good the waiters very friendly and the veg even come out to ask how your meal was.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Loved eating here when I live in Sydney. Great food & always good service. Really Lovely restaurant in a great location & not too expensive!

1  Thank 742jillyd
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We really enjoyed our visit here - good selection of mid range wines and a really good set menu if you are interested in it. Serve a significant amount of Gluten Free and take care to make sure you are ok.

1  Thank mcdonaldcraiga