1,087 results
All reviews central station paddy's market george street darling harbour rooms are small capitol theatre light rail an easy walk buffet breakfast chinatown train haymarket australia rocks
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We picked this hotel because it was close to Central Station and it looked good on the website. Overall not impressed. It is close to the station but not really any other positives.
Booked a twin room with my daughter. Beds were more like hammocks. So soft felt like they had no springs at all. Nice view of the wall of the next building. Understand its Sydney but should have been a bit cheaper with no view. Cleanliness of room questionable. Walls very thin. First night woke by the sound of the guy next door snoring
Front counter staff really unhelpful. Two dollars to store bags.
Left my hat in the room on check out. when we returned to pick up stored bags no longer there. left my details with the housekeeping( who actually showed an interest )but have had no contact with the hotel.
Shame as hotel has much potential

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018

The room was fine for what we paid. The biggest problem was lack of free internet. A charge of 25 dollars a day crazy. Also on checking out they requested a 2 dollar per item to store our bags . Not good

Room Tip: dont have room 107. Right next to elevator
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and actually started counting down the hours almost so I could escape the small room! There was 2 of us and just not enough space to unpack anything other than a few things in wardrobe. Couple of very small drawers. Cover on bed looks very dated and I made sure to take it off each day. Bathroom needed attention. Black mound stains in few places. We moved to another hotel thankfully. Everything seems geared to getting more money from you - Internet, awful plastic backed breakfast info in rooms. Worst was the customer service which went along lines of customer us always wrong. That was case from first check in where no issues but a smile and welcome would have gone a wrong way. My partner is disabled and were not helpful at all in recommending how to get around. The saving grace of whole place are the bar staff including bar manager - they should get reassigned to running the hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The hotel is located very near to the Central railway station, which has a direct link from the airport and to the CBD so is ideally suited for the weary international traveller.

However having travelled 12,000 miles it would have been nice to have had a more friendly welcome but check in was efficient so I guess you can't have everything.

Having arrived early, we were able (at AUS$ 2 per bag) leave our bags so could do a little exploring before going up to our room.

The room allocated to us was huge - I think on reflection it must have been some sort of family room as there were two single beds & a double bed not to mention the sofa.
It was clean yet basic but given that it was an just an overnight stay it served its purpose. The bathroom again was clean & tidy and there were plenty of clean towels provided.

Breakfast in the morning was very good - it was buffet style but catered for every type of requirement from cereal, to cooked breakfast to fruit being available.

Again we were able to leave our bags after checkout though yet again for the AUS$ charge per bag.

The new tram system is going to be running outside the hotel so how much of a difference that will make in terms of noise I don't know.

Would I stay here again ? Probably, especially if I only needed somewhere for a night.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Staying in room 606 and am gutted that I didn’t read TripAdvisor before booking to be warned about all the charges

Very expensive daily charge for WiFi, checkout later than 10am and luggage storage

Will not be returning to this outdated hotel

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple