All reviewstennis courtsprivate courtyardsmall gymbigger tvthai restaurant on sitehigh windowsgreat beachfront locationoverlooking the beachtwo bedroom villaheated swimming poolmain poolfamily weekendlong weekendenjoyed our staybeautiful place to stayspent nightslounge area
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Whilst this place is getting on in years it still offers a great stay with loads of extras for any level of accomodation, including 2 pools and a spa. The staff are the friendliest I’ve met and super helpful

Room Tip: A poolside villa is well worth the little extra
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Nice enough setting but clearly a bit unloved.
Stayed over Christmas and the resort was sparse.
This was good to get the pool areas crowd free but it was also like accomodation in a vacuum...not a soul to be seen at times.

The facilities are tired. The rooms are tidy but could do with a serious facelift given the outdated decor.

General maintenance appears to be either closed down over Christmas or not undertaken regularly.

The on-site restaurant made a decent meal. Thai food was nice.

The BIGGEST disappointment was the danger that existed at the pool areas. In each of the three pools there were dozens of missing tiles, and without adequate signage it meant that your feet were in a perilous situation, not that we knew until my 6yo sliced his foot open (picture attached).

Unfortunately the ‘first aid’ was me requesting bandages and then getting zero follow up from reception (as had been promised). We the found out we weren’t the first victims. The maintenance guy came over and said they’d taken some tiles off the day before to which I said “some signage might’ve been nice”. It’s now marked but too late and not good enough. I don’t necessarily blame the maintenance but more so management who need to be across this type of thing.

I’d probably have overlooked the tired decor given it’s a lovely setting, and given a 3 Star, but the lazy (zero?) follow up from staff makes me think no one cares, so why should I care about this places’ reputation? Sad but true.

Note: the manager eventually popped out and explained his side of things but my stance on putting signage up for patrons doesn’t change. I accept things get broken and need fixing but there are dozens of tiles across multiple pools that have simply been left for customers to find.
His quote was “we pride ourselves on our pools”.
No sir, you do not.

Won’t be back I’m afraid.

Stayed: December 2017
3  Thank Troy M
Reviewed 5 December 2017

10 years ago my now husband took me to Coffs for a weekend away and proposed to me and we stayed at this resort - so we returned to celebrate our approaching anniversary.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa with my Mother in Law and toddler, the Villa has recently had a 'makeover' so it is very clean, light and spacious (although the curtains in the lounge could be upgraded). Large comfortable couches, dinning area and a fantastic sized fully equipped kitchen, you also have a private courtyard so you can dine outdoors.
Both bedrooms offer a king size bed and private bathrooms.
There is also a full laundry - basically you could like in the Villa full time.
Around the grounds you will find beautifully landscaped gardens, the gardeners do a magnificent job and you really feel like you are in another world (especially if you are from Melbourne), the tropical plants are bright and beautiful.
There are BBQ areas scatted through out the grounds, decking with tables and chairs along the beachfront, a massive heated pool and located away from the main pool 2 smaller kids pools that were the home to stunning little dragons that the pool cleaner hand feeds!
You also have a small gym that has 1 treadmill, 1 cross trainer and 1 bike.
On site there is a lovely Thai restaurant that doesn't have licence but you can BYO.
There is also a day spa / hairdresser and function room.
Bernie is lovely and very helpful with directions and tips of places to dine or visit.
Be aware that this resort is located away from the main area of Coffs Harbour (but only a few minutes by car) so you will need to hire a car and there isn't a shop on site so you will need to visit the supermarket.
We really loved our stay once again and we look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villa next to the kids pool is very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MelbourneKimberley
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2nights with my 2yo. Friendly helpful service from managers was 10/10. My son loved the pools (so did I !). Villa was beautiful, it felt very private. Lovely courtyard. Had take away from Thai restaurant on site, yum. Nice and quiet. Just wish we had longer to relax & enjoy it !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Stayed for three nights while attending a nearby wedding. The unit was large and clean with a comfortable queen sized bed. The facilities are good with a lovely pool just near the beach, a;though the cafe didn't seem to be open much (maybe in season?).

The complex is quite large and the little streets narrow so watch for traffic. We didn't have any car cover and in the heat it would have been good. The reception closes for lunch and only opens at 9am so be prepared.

Overall a lovely location near a nice beach (unpatrolled) - clean and comfortable

Room Tip: ask for a room with a carport especially in the heat of spring/summer
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple