“Fish and chips lunch at the hetty”

Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-Op
Ranked #56 of 229 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Coffs Harbour Fishermen’s Co-operative Takeaway offers the best fish & chips in town. Our covered dining deck is a hub of activity every day of the week, popular with locals and visitors alike. On a sunny day customers have the option of sitting at the outdoor tables overlooking the fishing vessels, or taking a picnic walk to Muttonbird island. Our menu includes fish & chips, calamari, prawns, fish cocktails, salt & pepper squid, grilled fish, battered fish and crumbed fish to mention a few options. Each day there is a Specials Board indicating the daily catch in seafood (subject to availability). If your choice remains unsatisfied, you may choose any fresh seafood you like, and we will cook and prepare it to your liking for a small fee. We use mono-unsaturated cooking oil which is changed regularly. To complement our seafood, you will find a large variety of ice cream, including high quality scoops in waffle cones. We invite both adults and children to enjoy a delicious refreshing snack on any day. Chilled soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase. The takeaway caters to group bookings as well as individual customers and families. We encourage you to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. We are open from 9 AM to 7 PM almost every day of the year.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been there many times. They have so many fresh local fish and prawns(boiled shrimps!!) and sometimes they have sashimi grade tuna (not cheap though,..) if u are keen to buy some sashi, then you can sign up at the cashier then they will send you TEXT every time they have. Cafe is not bad. Recommend ordinary buttered fish and chips. My hubby and kids loves Scallop they call but it is actually just a potato looks like a huge scallop.

Andrew M, General Manager at Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-Op, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. Our sashimi grade tuna, when we have it in, is excellent quality - straight off the boat and filleted by us. I believe we charge $55/kg for the highest quality sashimi tuna. Scallops - we have both scallops from the ocean (in the shell) and potato scallops (made out of potato). Potato scallops are a standard of fish and chips shops in Australia.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Bought fresh seafood here on Good Friday. Great value for money as well as great service. Freshly made seafood salads were available too.

Hi Jules - Thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again soon. I'll pass your comments on to our team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the Co-Op for dinner on my last night and on entering I was greeted by a very happy female staff member who took my order of fish cocktails and salt and pepper calamari. What I did notice on ordering were signs above each fryer indicating whether the fryer was for battered or crumbed which for me is impressive no cross contamination. The cocktails were cooked with a crunchy batter which I like and the S&P calamari was soft and tasty. I enjoyed my visit to the Co-Op and would recommend anyone looking for good F&C check this place out.

Mark
Sydney Australia

Andrew M, General Manager at Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-Op, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks Mark - glad to hear we served you well with good food. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We came here for the fish and chips and weren't disappointed. Tasty fish and enough of it and good fries. Didn't like the tartar sauce that is served in the little break-open packets, and we had to wait about 10 minutes for our order to come out, but those are minor complaints. Came back later in the day and picked up some fresh bugs to cook at home and those were excellent!

Nice spot just steps from the bay.

Andrew M, General Manager at Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-Op, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thanks for the really nice review. We're working hard to get wait times down to 5 minutes or less on the hot side. Our fresh seafood is second to none!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Wife and I are not big eater and often share we had the basic Fish and chips shared between us and we ended up feeding some of the local birds with the chips. I was just what we wanted and thank you for such nice fish

Hi KoalaPhil,

Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you again soon!