“The - that's ...THE BEST .. Thai Food We've EVER enjoyed!”
Review of Zaab Street Food

Zaab Street Food
Ranked #102 of 1,587 Restaurants in Canberra
Description: Zaab Street Food an urban take on Lao and Thai food and culture. A traditionalist at heart incorporating fun, fast paced and intense vibes. Zaab is a culmination of the intense and delicious flavours of both Lao and Thai. With food being at the heart of the culture, Zaab grasps the concept of authentic food with a unique twist. From the minute you walk in and are greeted, to the decision of shared plated you’d like to order, all the way to leaving, you will feel like you are one of the family. Using raw materials and imported furniture to give it hear, Zaab captures and recreates the street style in which food is authentically presented at its origin in a fun upbeat atmosphere. So whether you prefer sweet to salty or spicy over sour, your taste buds will be delighted and senses filled with good conversation and togetherness.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Just arrived home from the most scrumptious Banquet at Zaab Street Food, in Braddon, Canberra for our 48th Wedding Anniversary. We went for the "Feed Me Banquet" - with the Seafood upgrade. My oh my - WHAT a TREAT!! Course followed course of beautifully presented, tasty bites with exotic flavours that literally popped in your mouth. The Seafood Platter was a standout IF that's possible from such an extraordinary cacophony of exotic flavours! Service was exceptional! Just a special night. Thanks Zaab Street Food - we'd come back to Canberrra just to dine wiht your again!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Becky K, Owner at Zaab Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi Helen!

Thank you for the generous review! Will definitely share this with the team. We are beyond proud to be a part of your very special night, and so happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us. Already looking forward to have you back!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This place will absolutely ruin you for other Asian (Thai) style meals. The banquet is the way to go - a taste of everything. Small single serves for each person, or sufficient for a taste until the next plate comes out. I'm struggling to describe how the order of the food makes your mouth zing, and whilst you're disappointed you've finished that serve the excitement of the next plate coming out takes over again. By the end, you are comfortably full. I particularly love the Betel leaf, Lao sausage, pork skewers, and the roast/charcoal chicken.

Went with the family (hubby and teen kids). Not sure if little kids would like the place, but certainly a place for friends and older families to casually dine on divine food in a relaxed friendly environment.

Staff are friendly and efficient. At the start they will ask you if there is anything in particular you want to try. At the end, if there is something you want more of (and have room), ask!

Date of visit: May 2018
Becky K, Owner at Zaab Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi Babsio!

Thank you very much for the amazing review! We are so excited and legit we should print this and put it up on our wall :D
Certainly will be passing on your kind words to the team.

So glad you had an enjoyable evening in our restaurant and looking forward for your return! <3

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great night. Shout out to Clinton the legend bartender whose food recommendations were on par with his banter.

Only criticism was that the mojitos were served in single use plastic bags with plastic straws. Pointless.

Overall delicious food and great service. Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
Becky K, Owner at Zaab Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Emma,

Sounds you had a good time! Thank you very much for your kind review and looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Find something different cuisine taste for dining in Canberra. A nice place and Thai style cooks and having a glass of Thai milk tea & charcoal grill chicken . Taste is just like same at the Asian beach with Asian bbq food streets. Delicious and crispy chicken skin and u can dip with two different sauces. Chicken satay and duck curry is available at here, must try if you have chance to come here.

Date of visit: May 2018
Becky K, Owner at Zaab Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi Sheis!

Thank you very much for the review. This is the taste we are going for and so glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to see you again in our restaurant some time ;)

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I made a reservation for a group of 15 people with 2 weeks notice (thought this would be enough time to have a booking confirmed). Upon arrival of our booking we were told there was no reservation or space for the group. I showed the man that served me (Ricky) the email i received from him confirming my booking date, time and people and his offer of a banquet as each guest wanted to order individually
I also showed him my reply to his email which was never responded to.
Rickys response was simply 'i did not send you this confirmation'.
He said he would sort something out and then stood behind the bar for 10 minutes before coming back to me saying the computer system had crashed and the only way he could fit us in was to seat us across multiple tables all through out the venue.

The party had already ordered a round of drinks and when i said we will go elsewhere because they couldn't accommodate us, he asked when we will be leaving so he could seat another group at the tables

I have never been so disappointed in not only a venue but its 'manager'.

I come from a hospitality back ground and its fair to say myself and none of my guests will be returning due to the poor service and being asked to leave.

If i could leave 0 as a review. I would.

Date of visit: April 2018
Becky K, Owner at Zaab Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi Emma,

First and foremost I would like to offer my sincere apologies on behalf of my team for your terrible experience.

I have investigated your situation and take full blame for the way your booking was handled, which was down to internal miscommunication.

I will be conducting a full review of our booking and communication procedures as a precaution for future group bookings. I have also taken action on the staff member mentioned to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Again, deepest apologies for your experience.

Becky