3,542 results
All reviews golf course dukes grill spa treatments on arrival hadrians restaurant golf break play golf afternoon tea evening meal bottle of wine our waiter buffet style steam room quad biking relaxing break main restaurant set menu
Reviewed 16 October 2016

The wife and myself spent the night at slaley for her 56th birthday, we both had a massage, lunch and a evening meal everything was beautiful the room was very nice the only dissapointment was finding a human hair in the wife's scrambled egg at breakfast we showed the waitress and she could not do enough as she wanted to replace the meal but the wife felt a little sick. We also reported it to the lady on the reception when we checked out.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lpoorraymond
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We went for my wife's birthday on a Travelzoo special deal, although with the extra £30 for a Sat night the overall cost of £248 was still worth it. We had 2 nights B&B with a meal on the 1st night and a bottle of red wine and I still think the quality of the experience was so worth price paid (oh and complementary mini bar in the room), excellent.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christopher W, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Jonbox60

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

I am delighted you had a great experience while at Slaley Hall and found it to be worth every penny.

I am pleased you enjoyed your VIQ room with the complimentary mini bar.

We hope you visit us back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Overnight stay. Used the Leisure facilities which were good. No shower cap in the bathroom, which is very poor for a 4* hotel ...phoned housekeeping....assured they were on the way....had to call again 35 min later as this still had not been delivered.
Dinner in the restaurant and door to storage facility open which I do not want to view while having my evening meal.
Breakfast ..... No side plates.... Had to ask for cereal to be topped up ... No rolls of any type, only bread, had to ask for fruit to be topped up.

1  Thank john p
Christopher W, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear John

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is disappointing to read that we have fallen short in delivering to your expectations.

Please be assured that we will discuss your feedback regarding dining issues in detail with the relevant departmental managers.

It would be our hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel, so we can better demonstrate the service and quality that we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

A friend and I stayed as I had an 8am client meeting and live 6 hours away so needed to be fresh for the meeting.
Room was ok, my friend's had a much better view. Bed fabulously comfortable. The big problem was I didn't sleep at all because of the continuous noise from either the bathroom extractor or a water heater. I did tell the receptionist, but she had no idea how to respond. The whole point of staying was so I would be fresh for my meeting and then the 6+ hour drive home again.
The staff in the claret jug were disinterested. Breakfast was fine.
So disappointing as this hotel.could be great.
To add insult to injury, I was asked to.complete a feedback form and where it asked if I wanted someone to call me, I said yes. To date, no one has called.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank cwendyn
Christopher W, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Cwendyn

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at the hotel.

I am naturally disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and you feel your stay could have been so much better.

Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously and also shared with the management team at the Hotel. Feedback is vital to the hotel so we can improve and grow.

I would like to reassure you that your experience is not reflective of the high standards and quality that we strive to deliver at Slaley Hall.

Kind regards

Regional general manager

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Slaley Hall and its golf facilities provided my wife and I a wonderful weekend break. The hotel exudes grandeur and a friendly welcome with the main restaurant serving excellent evening meals and breakfasts. We played both golf courses which were in excellent condition and challenging with wonderful panoramic views. In particular we found the front nine of the Hunter course to be exceptionally scenic and a fantastic layout.
Equally the walks around the estate and through the woodlands were excellent and offered fantastic views of the surrounding countryside.
The only downside was the cost of the drinks in the bar & restaurant which we considered to be exceptional high.
All in all however we had a wonderful weekend which we hope to repeat in the future.

Room tip: There was no brochure in the room informing of the hotel's facilities etc.
Date of stay: October 2016

Dear John W

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review from your recent visit to the hotel.

I am delighted that both yourself and wife had a wonderful weekend break and enjoyed the excellent meal in our restaurant.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the golf courses, The hunting is a fantastically challenging course.

I will relay your feedback regarding drink prices back to the relevant department.