All reviews amalfi coast small beach this wonderful hotel a sea view room half board early july every evening rooms are comfortable il mirto en route local ingredients blooming flowers maria terrace beaches antiques maratea
Reviewed 24 July 2017

As a newly married couple we were looking for somewhere a little bit plush to spend a few nights and totally relax on our honey moon. Villa Cheta completely delivered. Our room - simply but tastefully decorated and well equipped - looked out over the dining terrace covered with brightly blooming flowers, out to the sea which completely set the tone. All areas of the hotel we free to roam and the decor makes you feel as if you've been taken back to the days when the villa used to be occupied by the antique and art collecting family. The pool and surrounding lawn was immaculate and a perfect place to spend a few hours in the afternoon. Breakfast was a feast, with endless options to try, and the suppers we had there were fantastic, mad all the more romantic by the outdoor, candle lit setting. Attentive and friendly staff and all the reasons previously given make this a must visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe H
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We have just returned from our second stay at Villa Cheta, 10th-16th July. We stayed in room 32 but all the rooms looked nice, just different aspects. We love this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and immaculate, the food top class, grounds and swimming pool beautiful. The staff are both professional and friendly. Thanks to Biagio, Angela and Maria for your kindness , nothing was too much trouble and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Room Tip: We liked the sea view rooms. Wonderful views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This is a very nice small, romantic and luxurious hotel. Situated at the beautiful coast of Maratea (=Amalfi without all of the tourists). Grounds are beautiful, staff is great and very welcoming and hospitable. Very good restaurant. Breakfast was great. There were issues with the pool during our stay, so sadly we were not able to use it. However we got a very attentive email before we arrived about this, so we knew this and we got an upgrade instead! Very nice.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Villa Cheta nearly 3 weeks ago with 23 guests, and are still reminiscing about this gorgeous hotel and outstanding staff!

While the setting of Maratea is itself stupendous, what truly makes Villa Cheta exquisite is their personnel. The owner and his team took the time to get to know my husband, family, friends, and I and went above and beyond to ensure we had a memorable stay. They were patient with me as I stumbled my way through Italian, provided a beautiful bottle of champagne to welcome my husband and I to our wedding suite, and were never far if we or any of our guests had a question, request, or comment.

I'd like to note that there was a bit of drama among a few of our wedding guests leading up to our wedding, and the staff at Villa Cheta handled the situation in a professional and fair manner. They did not allow the incident to detract from our special day, and made it clear that my husband and I's happiness were the priority.

The owner of Villa Cheta requested that I email him a few of our wedding photos to feature on the website, so hopefully you will be seeing our faces up there soon! We can't wait to return, and Villa Cheta will always hold a place dear to our hearts.

Room Tip: Each room is unique! Ask for photos to choose which suits you best. The wedding suite is incredible with a private terrace and 2 bathrooms!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank amandahealy37
Reviewed 7 October 2016

A late nineteenth century villa which was transformed into a small luxury hotel over thirty years ago, the Villa Cheta has a stunning location overlooking the sea and the spectacular Maratea coastline which is as dramatic as that of Amalfi but with far fewer tourists. The furnishings, paintings and decor evoke the ambience of a private mansion and that impression is reinforced by the ever present, efficient, courteous and helpful staff who aim to make every guest's stay as pleasant as possible.
This is a hotel for relaxation, a place to rest and recuperate and a romantic hideaway. The new pool beckons the sun worshipper; the pretty garden with its exotic flowers and shrubs provides a retreat for those who wish to do no more than read under the shade of a tree.
The catering is excellent with a wide choice of food provided at breakfast and four course dinners available each evening. Even the pre dinner cocktails are accompanied by a selection of 'amuse bouches'.
What makes the Villa Cheta a special place is its combination of a lovely location, elegant accommodation, together with well trained and friendly staff. A special thank you to Maria, Anna, Biagio and Angelina for all their help.

Room Tip: Rooms are all quiet with the choice between those with a view over the gardens or the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family