US$159
US$150
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
La Casa del Gelso(Acquafredda)(Great Value!)
B&B Nonna Vincenza(Acquafredda)(Great Value!)
Hotel Gabbiano(Acquafredda)
US$555
US$160
  • Room Service
US$171
All reviewsamalfi coastsmall beachthis wonderful hotela sea view roomhalf boardearly julyevery eveningrooms are comfortableil mirtoen routelocal ingredientsblooming flowersmariaterracebeachesantiquesmaratea
Reviewed 24 October 2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Villa Cheta nearly 3 weeks ago with 23 guests, and are still reminiscing about this gorgeous hotel and outstanding staff!

While the setting of Maratea is itself stupendous, what truly makes Villa Cheta exquisite is their personnel. The owner and his team took the time to get to know my husband, family, friends, and I and went above and beyond to ensure we had a memorable stay. They were patient with me as I stumbled my way through Italian, provided a beautiful bottle of champagne to welcome my husband and I to our wedding suite, and were never far if we or any of our guests had a question, request, or comment.

I'd like to note that there was a bit of drama among a few of our wedding guests leading up to our wedding, and the staff at Villa Cheta handled the situation in a professional and fair manner. They did not allow the incident to detract from our special day, and made it clear that my husband and I's happiness were the priority.

The owner of Villa Cheta requested that I email him a few of our wedding photos to feature on the website, so hopefully you will be seeing our faces up there soon! We can't wait to return, and Villa Cheta will always hold a place dear to our hearts.

Room Tip: Each room is unique! Ask for photos to choose which suits you best. The wedding suite is incredible with a private terrace and 2 bathrooms!
3  Thank amandahealy37
Reviewed 7 October 2016

A late nineteenth century villa which was transformed into a small luxury hotel over thirty years ago, the Villa Cheta has a stunning location overlooking the sea and the spectacular Maratea coastline which is as dramatic as that of Amalfi but with far fewer tourists. The furnishings, paintings and decor evoke the ambience of a private mansion and that impression is reinforced by the ever present, efficient, courteous and helpful staff who aim to make every guest's stay as pleasant as possible.
This is a hotel for relaxation, a place to rest and recuperate and a romantic hideaway. The new pool beckons the sun worshipper; the pretty garden with its exotic flowers and shrubs provides a retreat for those who wish to do no more than read under the shade of a tree.
The catering is excellent with a wide choice of food provided at breakfast and four course dinners available each evening. Even the pre dinner cocktails are accompanied by a selection of 'amuse bouches'.
What makes the Villa Cheta a special place is its combination of a lovely location, elegant accommodation, together with well trained and friendly staff. A special thank you to Maria, Anna, Biagio and Angelina for all their help.

Room Tip: Rooms are all quiet with the choice between those with a view over the gardens or the sea.
1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Thanks once again for a wonderful stay - the addition of the pool since we last visited is wonderful and has been beautifully done - still visit the beach below the hotel but the pool does add to the overall ambience of the hotel.

They have added a suite since last visit which we had and found it extremely comfortable. Service at the hotel is excellent and it is nice to see the same friendly faces from past visits - also had lunch twice whilst staying and the food and wine were excellent.

Overall a beautiful setting , great service and a spotless Art Deco hotel - we will be back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I can only describe my wedding and the overall experience at Villa Cheta as truly MAGICAL! We hired the villa for 4 days exclusively for all family and friends and thanks to the wonderful setting/views and extremely accommodating staff, every day we spent at the villa was perfect. From the food, the atmosphere and the service. It was like being at home which is what I have always felt during every visit. A special and warm thanks to the owners Piero and his lovely wife Stefania for making sure nothing went wrong throughout the wedding ceremony and reception. They even joined in the fun! It never felt like we were on eggshells and they always made us feel welcome. Anna is also amazing at helping to arrange every detail of the event and she never failed to message me on daily basis to ensure everything they were arranging was ok.

A week later and my guests and even wedding staff we brought over from London are all missing it and all want to go back. It's always a good sign when guests are not ready for the trip to end even after 4 days.

I highly recommend Villa Cheta for not only a wonderful stay, but it is a prime location and experience for any special occasion. Selfishly, I would like to keep Villa Cheta as my little secret but they deserve all the love and visits as possible!

Big hug and THANK YOU.

Sona and Sanj

xx

Room Tip: Room 30 - Bridal Suite! Amazing.
Reviewed 27 July 2016

First of all the staff. Very very friendly and competent.
Delicious food with changing menus every day, a real nice and intersting wine list with great wines
from the region and the top wine yards from whole Italy too. If you need help no problem. The recommendations where always simply perfect.
The breakfast offers wonderful fresh products and to sit outside if the conditions allow it is a feeling like in paradise. The same in the evening too. Only on a different place.
There is a pool since 2016. So if you do not want to go down to the small but nice and not that crowded beach you feel more than well at the sunny pool surrounded by lovely trees .
The antiques of the house are so beautiful but you never have the feeling to be in a museum.
It just invites you to watch carefully. We had one dinner inside the house and we enjoyed it too.
Just to complete my review I can say that it is a total clean hotel an a perfect supervised garden and pool area too. As I said : a perfect stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel