Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marcus E

Amazing Finnish Winter

Review of Iisakki Village
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Dec 2023
We have been welcomed at Iisakki Village by such a warm-hearted and friendly team, which allowed us to experience one of the best weeks we've ever had. The team at the reception, the guides and the restaurant crew make this lovely place an unforgettable memory. They put so much love and effort in providing a comfortable atmosphere in the accommodation, doesn't matter if it is the glass villa or the guest house, both highly recommendable by the way, in the restaurants and on the outside. We booked nearly all winter activities we could get and did not regret to experience a good taste of Finnish lifestyle. Even though it was not cheap, but this is not what you're searching for when visiting Scandinavia. And the guides really made a great job, everything was so organized. And after a long day of activities, we have been pleased with dinner, which made us feel like eating in a high class restaurant. My wife and me are thankful having met such great people and that we got the chance to discover this lovely place.
Kiitos paljon
    Restaurant
    Facade/entrance
      7.0 km from Iisakki Village
      View more hotels in Ruka
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 2 January 2022

The glass ceiling hut stay was very nice although there was on snow on the top pf the ceiling.
      The food was bad and did not match at all with the quality of accommodation. It was supposed to be a three course dinner but turned out to be a buffet The taste was uninteresting and reminded of office meals. The waitress warned that one should not take too much so that they would not run out of food (this happened in the very beginning). Additionally the people were put into a tiny room to eat and that was not very pleasant during covid19.

Date of stay: December 2021
      Reviewed 8 December 2021

Just got back today after the most incredible holiday ever!

We stayed in the Glass Village and it was just absolutely magical! Pulling the curtains open in the morning to such views that are out of this world and falling asleep every night looking at stars.

It was very cold like -20 cold but we made sure to layer up.

There is a restaurant that we only ate at for breakfast due to having other arrangements in place for meals but breakfast was a lovely start to the morning with loads of different options available.

There is also a Ski bus that takes you to Ruka but make sure you get the timetable otherwise you may be waiting a while. The bus was €4 pp 1 way which is a decent price and it drops you off pretty much in the village centre. There are taxi numbers and we ended up in a taxi one afternoon and it was at a cost of around €27.

Would defo recommend this and would stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2021
      Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

This place is out of this world! We stayed two night and really enjoyed our cabin. It felt amazing to have such an amazing view over the lake and later watch stars from the bed through the glass ceiling at night. Super quality!
      Also, there’s an area to make fire.
      Restaurant and breakfast we’re wonderful!
      We also took a kayak on the lake and enjoyed a nice afternoon kayaking.

Date of stay: November 2020
      3  Thank Kristiina83
      Reviewed 21 October 2020

I made a last-minute reservation for their Iisakki Guest house, for which I needed a common accommodation (a baby crib; my son cannot sleep safely in an adult bed) that has never been a problem for me in other lodgings. I called to cancel the next day immediately after I read an email from the guest house that they were unable to meet my needs and was told I would have no issue canceling on booking.com. Long story short, Ruka Safaris refused my cancellation and charged me full price for the room after I had already committed to another hotel. Further inquiries in writing and on Facebook from me and from a customer service assistant from booking.com went unanswered. This has caused me financial stress and lack of sleep, and I feel incredulous that I was treated in such an unprofessional manner. Honestly, fewer than 24 hours elapsed between when I attempted to make the reservation and when I told the hotel that I needed to cancel because they were unable to accommodate my need, so this treatment seems ridiculous.

If you have children or need any sort of accommodation, I would advise you to take your business elsewhere. As for me, I will be sticking to hotel chains in the future, where at least I can expect professional interactions with management.

Date of stay: October 2020
      4  Thank 216laurell
      Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

We were celebrating our anniversary at the Glass Village. The village was very tidy and gorgeous.
      Service was excellent and so friendly.
      The restaurant dinner surprised positively.
      I can recommend it. ❤️