Lowest prices for your stay
US$85
View deal
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2018

One word: AMAZING! We were two friends casually dropping by the hotel during off-season. We speak no italian, but felt like we were taking in by the family running the hotel from the second we entered the door. This is one of those experiences we enjoy: staying in a small (800 pop) local town, eating excellent and genuiune local food, being treated like family. We loved it!!!!
Highly recommend for a quite montain hill stay in quality hotel place in extraordinary sorroundings!

Room tip: Triple rooms and above with paniramic mountain view
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This is a well kept hotel in a small, attractive town in the Pollino National Park. They aim to please. Dinner was good, breakfast adequate--a cross between the traditional Italian style minimal and international standard hotels. Please note that air conditioning is central so you have no control over whether it is turned on and what the temperature will be. Wifi is uneven.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel Sette e Mezzo is about a 10 mins drive off of the main interstate in southern Italy. We
happened to stay there because the hotel at Lauria ( we were attending a wedding reception) was booked.
We found the hotel room to be a standard well equipped room with the two most important things to my wife and i ....... very clean by my wife's high standard and internet in the room for me ... The marvelous view from our room was a nice unexpected bonus. The staff were the owners and they treated us as if we were family .. very friendly - they enjoyed hearing about our trip and they liked talking about their kids/grandkids or they would totally leave you alone if you wanted your privacy.
This is not your plush American resort hotel -- this is standard Italian hotel with a great view, a good price, and a very friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area.
Ray

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HSM_Direzione, Proprietario at Hotel Sette E Mezzo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Start the day, after reading this wonderful review, is the desire to do their jobs well and gives that smile that we like to share with all our guests. Thank you, Massimo.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This small hotel is a modern, very well-kept hotel in the region of the Pollino National Park. The manager, Massimo, is a friendly, accomodating host, and gives this hotel a very personal feel. He is an excellent resource for the traveller's options in this region. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. While there are not common spaces to speak of, the hotel's restaurant is very inviting and functions as a focal point. The food is typical of the region and is excellent. Prices for all are very reasonable. This would be an excellent base from which to explore this beautiful and dramatic region as well as its parks.
Michael and Sharon

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2013

While exploring Basilicata on a short trip alone, I noticed an old town wrapped tightly round a hilltop WAY above the road on which I was travelling. It was glowing all shades of pink, orange, peach, apricot in the sunset of a winter's day. I decided I had to go there. Oh happy decision! After a delightful walk around the VERY steep and winding alleyways, staircases and tiny paved streets of the fascinating town I found my way to Sette e Mezzo, by this time very hungry indeed. The hotel is spotless and my welcome from the charming staff exemplary. When I showed an interest in the view from this vertiginous town, the proprietor changed my room to one where I could enjoy it more easily. The linen smells of fresh air and is of wonderful quality. The towels are plentiful and immaculate. I shall review the exceptional restaurant separately, but here I must say I feel very lucky indeed to have stumbled across this wonderful place. What a treat. The welcome, the food, the service, have warmed the cockles of my heart. Very good value indeed. I wish the rest of my family were here to share this pleasure with me.

Room tip: Rooms facing West look across the valley to the mountains beyond and catch a truly awesome sunset. They are also the quietest, being on the side away from the road.
Date of stay: January 2013