1,651 results
All reviewslovely groundshealth clublovely hotelcruise packagecourse dinnernew forestcoffee machinemain buildingsteam roomleisure facilitiesan overnight staywaiting staffstayed for one nightafternoon teacruise terminalmain coursefollowing morning
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We'd stayed here before it became a Best Western and found it needed a refurbishment but was generally good. Best Western have done some improvements but, for me, overall it wasn't as good as our previous visit.

Good Points: Breakfast was a vast improvement and really good. Food was hot and plenty of choice. Staff are lovely, friendly and really helpful. Every part of the hotel we visited was spotlessly clean.

Not so good points: Room 123, honestly I think a park bench would have been softer and more comfortable than the bed in this room. Both of us had problems sleeping. Dinner menu choices were good but my husband had to send his main course back for re-heating as it was almost cold. I had to go and find some ice for my white wine because it was room temperature. For me white wine should be well chilled.

Overall it was ok for what we needed, an overnight stay before boarding a cruise ship, and I would consider booking again but I'd go out for dinner. It was definitely not as good as our previous stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor bedrooms away from reception are really quiet and easy to access.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear shadylady57 Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our desire of providing our guests with a comfortable home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fact that you chose to mention that you enjoyed our great breakfast, friendly team and high levels of cleanliness means a lot to us.

I was sorry to learn you felt the bed was not comfortable, we are in the process of replacing our bed stock.

My team were delighted to look after you during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@chilworth-manor.co.uk should you wish to discuss further any aspects of your stay.

Our clean and modern bedrooms are well appointed and we are extremely proud of the warm and friendly welcome that all guests receive.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon. We also have a selection of Hotels conveniently located in other parts of the Country, guests benefit from the most competitive rates by booking directly with us.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

This truly is a great location with good quality accommodation but sadly let down with exceptionally poor service naff food and over the top prices.

Look the room was good the pool is good etc etc but it’s been a long time since I stopped anywhere where the service was that bad. Ask anyone who stopped the night I did.

That was the night the Boddingtons was off (but that might happen a lot?). From the smell of it for a while too. The lack of other real beers was a disappointment but not as much as the near 20 mins we waited to get served.

Having swapped our beers for bottles and ordered food. I was surprised to find when re ordering more beer that bottles were cheaper than the ale. ( I’m saying this tongue in cheek as the bar man insisted on charging me for the full price of the bottle despite over changing for the previous round. )

I found the menu limited and over priced, at £17 you expect an exceptional burger! But what you also expect when only two people are ordering food is that the meals come out together. Not a random relay system when the first person has finished before the second gets his food served?

My friend and I sat in the bar area for a good couple of hours. Several people waited at the bar for service and gave up / walked away as service was so bad. OK, top tip. This is the hub of the entire place you need a massive personality running this Bar a person who fills the room pulls people in a keeps them there makes them feel 100%. This experience makes or breaks the hotel. Mine was broken.

This hotel is very very close to 5 stars but is let down in the most critical area - staff interaction. Will I stop again. Probably will I be more vocal with my expectations next time, likely.

Also it’s worth mentioning that on the evening we stopped I closed several doors to the outside. The main hall area gets cold and draughty with insects of the flying variety trying to drink my beer, at these prices with that wait not impressed. I know it’s hard as the place is sprawling.

You may also consider a camera or pass system for the back door to the club, i did wonder about security...

Sort the small things out and you’ll be so good riffraff like me wont be able to afford to stay.

1  Thank BedfordTerrier74
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear BedfordTerrier74 Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our desire of providing our guests with a comfortable home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed our great quality accommodation, location and complimentary leisure facilities and the fact that you chose to mention that you enjoyed our great team and comfortable rooms means a lot to us.

My team work very hard to ensure that our guests receive a great experience, therefore I was disappointed to learn of your other comments. These are not reflective of our other Guests experience and please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@chilworth-manor.co.uk should you wish to discuss further any aspects of your stay.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while visiting Southampton for business, the position and the building is superb, the rooms are adequate nothing wrong at all, I could get 4g in my room so I didn't bother with the free wifi, the meals are expensive with a burger coming in at £18 and a soft drink (orange cordial and soda) coming in at £3, saying that what I saw of the hotel in my one night stay was good, tip if you have room only book the breakfast the night before as it saves nearly £5

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Philip H Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our desire of providing our guests with a comfortable home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fact that you chose to mention that you enjoyed our great team and comfortable rooms means a lot to us.

We consider our pricing to be reflective of the local area and do regularly review it.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

A large extensively extended Edwardian house in very pleasant well kept grounds accessed via a long tree lined driveway. There is plenty of parking although it became fairly full. Check in at reception was efficient and friendly.

The room was well equipped and comfortable with the usual facilities including biscuits with the tea and coffee, iron and ironing board, a good sized desk and a comfortable bed. The ensuite bathroom was very good, and everything was very clean.

Breakfast was a buffet arrangement and very good. There was plenty of staff who were all polite and helpful.

The only slight criticism was the rather overpriced evening bar meal. The food was fine but I do think was not worth the cost. £15 for a chicken and mushroom pie, saute potatoes and a small portion of vegetables.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear David B Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our desire of providing our guests with a comfortable home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fact that you chose to mention that you enjoyed our friendly team, breakfast and well equipped bedroom means a lot to us.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

stayed here for one night. Warm welcome. Very clean and well equipped bedroom. Comfortable bed. Lovely gardens to walk around especially in May with the rhododendrums.

Bar food very good

Lovely choice of breakfast

REcommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear nicola2robin Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our desire of providing our guests with a comfortable home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fact that you chose to mention that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, lovely grounds and friendly team means a lot to us.