All reviews beach house free shuttle an airport hotel close to the airport blue bay an early flight an overnight stay between flights friendly hotel rooms are small buffet dinner short stay hire car bad smell late check minute drive public beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Feedback from IHG Platinum Member:

Upon check in I was not offered any upgrade, I was told that I will be advised if any upgradable room was available , this never happened during the entire duration of my stay
When I enter the room the closets and the room in general had a fishy-food smell it was so bad that I had to spray the room and was not able to put my clothes in the closet.
In the evening I was resting with the - do not disturb - sign outside my door when I was woken up by housekeeping to offer me some towels that I never requested.
During the first night of my stay I was woken up again by a phone call from the customer service staff who just wanted thank me for my loyalty ¿? , on that opportunity I explained to them that I just came from a trip were there was a big time difference and therefore I was jet lagged and that, at that time it was close to midnight for me, I asked them not to call again since at that time I was resting, unfortunately the next day I received the same phone call that woke me up regardless of me saying I didn’t want to receive such call the very first day, this completely ruined my evening , that same day I was bound to work all night long and as a result I was not rested during my duty.
I went to the spa to get a massage , it was terrible, I had to ask the therapist to reduce the pressure more than 5 times , eventually I gave up and let her finish , leaving the spa in pain.
I went to have lunch that day, I asked for a burger cooked medium, it was brought to me as well done, after 25 minutes originally plus 15 more that took for it to be redone, when the new burger arrived it was also well done, eventually I gave up because I was hungry.
During check out I asked for a copy of the bill , it was denied to me, I asked the front desk staff to ask to their manager for a copy, instead they send the manager with an unfortunate attitude and just parroting that she can not give a copy of the bill.
In short it was a terrible stay, very far from IHG standards, I hope I never get to stay in this property again

Stayed: October 2018
0Review0, Manager at Holiday Inn Mauritius Mon Tresor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We really feel concerned that we have failed in making your stay a memorable one, however, we always encourage our guests to contact the Duty Manager or Front Desk during their stay if they have any complaints or suggestions, this give us then the opportunity to rectify the “Guest Experience”.

As you know, being a Platinum reward client, the room upgrade is subject to availability, which was not possible on the day of your arrival and during your stay. This explains why we did not call you.
Our procedure is that all our “Rewards Customers” are called every day between 6pm to 8pm to inquire if their stay is going according to their expectations. Upon the first call, our guests generally inform us in case they do not want to be contacted again during the rest of their stay.

Pertaining to the restaurant, you asked for a "Medium Cook" burger as the main course, and a Palm Heart Salad with Shrimps as starter. The burger, not cooked as per your taste was rectified by our Executive Chef personally. Even though, you were still not satisfied and to compensate our Food & Beverage Manager proposed you a desert that you refused and instead a green tea was offered to you.
In between the two cooking process, our Food & Beverage Manager also proposed that you serve yourself at the buffet (free of charge) but still you refused. At no time you expressed your dissatisfaction. Note that our cooking times for the 2 burgers (200g) were as per cooking set standard with successive turns.
Rare: +_5mins
Medium: +_ 9mins
Well done: +_13mins

Furthermore, you asked for a copy of the invoice upon check out, the Front Office Manager explained that this was not possible since both your booking and the payment of your stay was made by another company. Our professionalism requires us to keep our rates confidential subject having a third party involved.

Our rooms are constantly checked by our supervisors and set as per IHG standards. Your room was checked again upon your check out. Rest assured, your comments have already been communicated to the respective Head of Department in order to avoid any future inconveniences. So far, we did not receive any complaint such as “fishy-food smell”.
The housekeeping normally proceeds with a daily afternoon beach towels service. Our housekeeping service generally respects the note "Do not disturb" on the door handle, we apologize if this has not been the case. So far, we did not receive any such complaint.

Usually, our spa treatments are practiced according to a protocol. We understand and respect the preferences of our customers. If the treatment given does not fit their expectations, we encourage our guests to inform the therapist and to stop the massage which eventually will not be charged. As per your conversation with the therapist who asked you: “If the massage was good?” Your reply was: “Yes, Excellent”!

We have no compromise on our service and are always at the disposal of our guests should they have any remarks or complaints in order to make sure that their Guest Experience is memorable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty standard business hotel close to the airport.
It has everthing you will need for a short stay, but wouldn't be my first choice in Mauritius.
Stay if you just need to stop over however there are plenty of more interesting places close by to choise from.
Enjoy

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay in our hotel.Indeed, our hotel, situated next to the airport is ideal for transit and short stay passengers. As a business hotel, our mission is to offer innovative comfort to our guest. We also have a beach house with our shuttle service at the disposal of our guests who want to enjoy the beach and sea and also non motorized sports such as kayaking, canoe or stand up paddle.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This is a great location for a night over, close to the Mauritius International Airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable and well managed by Mr Anand. The meals were tasteful with large quantities. The free airport shuttle was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
0Review0, Manager at Holiday Inn Mauritius Mon Tresor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay in our hotel. We are happy to read that we have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. Indeed our hotel, situated next to the airport is ideal for transit or short stay passengers.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night en route from Sydney via Perth Australia to Madagascar. Free shuttle from airport to hotel was on hand on arrival, short 5-10 minute drive, then a rather disorganised check-in ("Sit and wait until we call you!" even though there were only a couple of people at Reception). After that, everything was fine, efficient and friendly porterage, comfortable room with everything in its place. Downstairs a nice bar, friendly staff, with outside area overlooking the pool and gardens where smoking is allowed. Adjoining restaurant offered a buffet (looked good but we were too full of food from the flights) and an a la carte varying from small snacks to local specialities which we enjoyed. Good wine list too, all at reasonable prices.
Next morning OK breakfast, then shuttle back to airport ready when we were. Everything an airport hotel should be, and a tad more. Would recommend based on our experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay in our hotel. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality and shuttle services.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had pertaining the check-in, rest assured, we have already communicated your comment to the respective department in order to avoid such issues in the future.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

First. I have been to the restaurant only. This review is about the restaurant only. Looks like I am quite lucky when I visit places. Again. Nice place. First, let's get the context. The south of Mauritius is quite different in terms of hotels, restaurants and other pubs around when compared to the ret of the island, especially the North or Flic en Flac. So obviously, when you get some thievery close to what you would expect in the north, you are bound to be happy. Indeed we were. The restaurant was not crowded. Actually only some 15 pax. Food was buffet. Not a big variety but they served me Dal tadka. So I am happy. Atish was around to oversee things and even offered ice cream to us, though it was not on the list. My mom loved it!

We certainly recommend it and for the price paid, we are more than satisfied. Will definitely be back again! Cheers!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
0Review0, Manager at Holiday Inn Mauritius Mon Tresor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay in our hotel. We are glad to read that we have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.