“Exceptionally well judged ingredients and preparation. Bravo Chef!”
Review of Whytes

Whytes
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Stamullen
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Had a long overdue meal and a pint with a friend here on Saturday 11th April 2015.

This was my first time in Whytes. I had heard good things about this restaurant awhile ago. My friend suggested we try it out. I said why not.

When we arrived the place was fairly jamming!

The decor is modern and bistro/Irish sports cafe bar style.
The bar was all a bustle, with throngs of Twentysomethings holding up the counter. Seemed the local "in" place to be!

We did not have a booking, so we had to wait a few minutes. We ordered two pints. Ten minutes later we were seated.

Very nicely appointed restaurant. The seats are car seat style, well sprung!

Perusing the menu we seen there was plenty of variety and choice.

I ordered the Fillet of Pork, my friend got the 10 ounce steak.
I'm not a big pork fan, but the way the menu described it I decided to try.

Well after a decent waiting time,
our meals arrived, and they both looked good.

My friend said his Steak was wonderful. It was tender, juicy and well prepared.

I must say my Pork dish exceeded my expectations. I know pork is hard to get right, more often than not it goes hard and chewy if not handled correctly.

I need not have worried. The chef obviously knows his stuff, as not only was it moist and succulent, the flavour was exquisite. The choice of complimentary ingredients was well chosen.

A sprig of rosemary, what seemed like sausage meat stuffing on top of the succulent pork, upon a bed of mash garlic potatoes, lightly oven baked was put before me. It was complemented by a nutty cider flavoured gravy and the potato mash seemed to have walnut notes in the garlic flavour.

It was a sensation of senses!

We both agreed this was an exceptional meal.

Having finished, we decided to try dessert (we did not get a starter).

We asked for the menu. However the waitress came with a display medley of desserts! What a lovely old fashioned touch - sensual temptation!

My friend chose ice cream medley, and I chose the chocolate fudge cake. I asked for it to be heated and accompanied by ice cream.

It was bold and intense! Heavy cocoa notes, perfectly complimented by the vanilla ice cream. Bravo.

I finished with an Americano coffee. Smokey and profound flavour. Seemed like a Javan blend! Nice.

I have to say Whytes definitely surprised me.
It was something I did not expect - a five star meal of such a high standard. It was worthy of a five star hotel.

The staff are friendly, efficient and thoughtful. Our custom was appreciated.

Needless to say, I will be back, and soon.

Recommended?

Yes, definitely! Enjoy.

2  Thank Gerard H

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Loved this little pub. Popped in for lunch and ended up staying for Wales v Ireland in the Six Nations. I had the chilli cheese burger on the lunch special, and my partner had the American style burger. Both were superb. Beef was tender, buns were fresh. Genuinely lovely. The atmosphere in the bar area whilst the rugby was on was wonderful, and the roaring fire was very homely. All in all, great afternoon, reasonably priced beer, and friendly staff and locals. Loved it.

1  Thank Claire T
Reviewed 17 January 2015

My wife and I visited Whytes in Stamullen for a quiet saturday evening meal and found the restaurant, service and food to be top class!
I had the American Burger which was delicious, served with beautiful pepper sauce,onion rings chips and salad.My wife had the lamb shank which was served with lovely creamy mash, which was very tasty but unfortunately only lukewarm.
for dessert we had the mango cheesecake which was lovely and creamy but a little lacking in mango flavour..
Overall we had a lovely dining experience and will definitely return regularly in the future!

3  Thank 595damienn
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Had heard about this place from numerous people over the years and had never went out, so after 9 years myself and my wife decided to go out over the Christmas. Its fairly easy find and there is plenty of parking at the back. I loved the atmosphere and the buzz inside (especially with the time of year also). Its a nice busy local pub, which is very modern inside. I had a pint of Guinness which I have to say was beautiful. They found was very good and plenty of too. I did order the stir fry, which to be honest I wont order again as I found it over spiced and very oily. But, the rest of the food was amazing. A special mention to the restaurant manager...she runs a tight ship in there, which is run like a well trained army. The service was second to none. Ill def be back soon.

1  Thank Dermot B
Reviewed 4 December 2014

called in driving past glad i did got a chicken stir fry never had one better top marks to this place layout staff 1st class as arnie would say i'll be back.