“A Surprised Visit”

Williamsford Pie Company
Reviewed 20 November 2020

My wife and I were out getting some Christmas shopping done and on our way home with we passed the Williamsford Pie Company completely by accident. We did a quick turn around and decided to check it out.

When the sign says...Pie Company".....you just have to stop.

It was late in the afternoon when we visited and sort of thought the selection of baked goods might be slim.

Wrong assumption.

There was plenty of treats left that had been baked earlier during the day.

We bought a loaf of sourdough bread and a date square. The date square was one of the best I've ever had. My wife can be a bit picky in terms of taste....she loved it. Sweet - but not too sweet.

The sourdough bread was fantastic. Just like how sourdough bread should taste and feel.

It looked like they also sell a variety of meat pies, both fresh and frozen.

Their COVID protocols are well marked and easy to follow. Amble hand sanitizer and such was available on a table just before going through the front door. Staff had masks on and there was plenty of separation devices including plastic shields at the cash.

They also had social distance markings on the sidewalk outside the store, which tells me this can be at times one busy spot.

It might be easy to blink and miss Williamford when driving along Highway 6. Don't blink..you'll miss the hamlet and the Williamsford Pie Company.

You don't want to do that.

Be sure to stop in. A can't miss spot for sure.

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 5 October 2019

Stopped for a coffee and a treat, and was pleasantly surprised by how nice and authentic this spot is. It is the epitome of what you think a small town bakery should be! I'll be stopping in again.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Mary Y
Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

The pastries here are beyond exceptional, traditional flavors mixed with unusual combinations make for a real pie treat. How to leave without more than you can possibly eat is seldom a problem!

1  Thank Tooads
Reviewed 11 September 2019

We cottage in the area and a trip to the lake is not complete without baked goods from the Williamsford Pie Company. Early morning trips in for fresh brewed hot coffee is also a special treat. No driving to the nearest THD for me. I can ride my bike.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to Tobermory and we are super happy we did. As soon as we saw a line up of cars, we knew we were in the right place.
We got there around 9am and were still able to purchase a small bag of day old goodies. They were delicious! We also bought 2 pies - apple crumble and their famous raspberry cream pie. My goodness they were absolutely delicious! Highly recommended. We also bought a German brownie (what a deal for $2.75!) And a cheese croissant (wish we bought more!). Loved this place. We will for sure come back for more goodies and maybe even lunch!

2  Thank jonesfisch