“Cherry Pit!”

Williamsford Pie Company
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

So I usually pop in here to grab a pie on the way to Owen Sound. I find the pies usually tasty. (the crust tastes a little heavy on the shortening or whatever fat they use but other than that it's usually a good bet). This last trip... I stopped in on Easter and bought a cherry pie. As I've been eating it since... Today my slice had a cherry pit! I didn't notice until I almost broke my tooth!! It was very disappointing and now I'm a little afraid to eat the remaining slices.

(in the picture there are 2 pits... But really it's just 1 that I broke in half with my molars. Thank goodness it was the pit and not my teeth!)

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 11 February 2019

The pies are great, together with the other various specialties. The one I especially LOVE is a meat pie with sweet potato and crust on top. They freeze wonderfully and then pop in the microwave for a fast dinner.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank fandrlabelle
Reviewed 19 December 2018

We have been driving past this place for many years on our way to Mount Forest, Guelph and Hamilton, always saying we should stop but always in too much of a hurry. This past Monday we were on our way to the Hamilton airport and decided to stop for coffee and tea and skip tim's in Durham, they have crazy line ups to right out on the road. We were so happy we did. Coffee and tea was as expected but they let you add your own cream milk and sugar which I prefer. We had cinnamon buns, they were delicious. It is probably a 45 minute drive from our home but I think I would definitely call in an order for the holidays and maybe treat myself to lunch there. I've read many great reviews about lunch but it was early in the morning so another time. We did see so many great baked goods there, a super quaint atmosphere with extremely friendly staff. I did google a website while writing this review and they say they are working on one, so stay tuned, I will be checking back

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Kym P
Reviewed 25 September 2018

It amazes me when I read reviews and 99% of the people find the food excellent to very good and 1% find it not only not very good but terrible. These 1% represent the people that would not find anything good to say about any product no matter what what it was or where they bought it. I have a cooking back ground and we have traveled a lot in our lives and have hit most parts of the world and we found this bakery to be outstanding. Everything we tried from this bakery was excellent to very good. Great flavours. I drove by this bakery for years never stopping. I stopped once and now I stop every time!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank LJElliott
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Date of Visit: Thursday, Aug 9th, 2018
Purchase: Grilled turkey & Pesto Sandwich. Buttertarts: raisin and pecan.
Pies: Lime coconut, sweet potato, lemon raspberry buttermilk.
Costs: Pies $15 for large $7 for small. \

Williamsford Pie Company is a great place to stop when you are in the Grey Bruce Area.
The shop is mostly a bakery where they hand craft many amazing pies, tarts, canolis, squares, cookies and much more. They also are a sandwich & Pizza shop where you can get a slice (or whole) pizza, a freshly made sandwich, soup, etc.

The Pies are the big draw to this place, but that is not all they are known for. The number of flavours of pies that they have is just astounding. They make the best sweet potato pie, they have a delicate and delicious Lemon buttermilk raspberry which is amazing. The Lime coconut pie is very nice but could use a little more lime.

I love their sweet potato pies so much that I will take a road trip all the way there just because I have a craving. It is 1 hour and 30 minutes away from my house, and I will definitely take a day trip just to get a pie.

As part of my #ButterTartquest, I always buy buttertarts from every bake shop so that I can try, review and rate, and while The buttertarts are usually good, I think I got a bad batch this time. Mine tasted burnt, and lacked filling, but I think this is just an exception, not the rule. I also got a pecan tart, and it was amazing.

The sandwiches are very nice and made fresh to order. The Turkey pesto is a huge sandwich, and very filling.

If you are looking for a nice dessert for a family gathering, or just something for tonight, stop by Williamsford Pie Company, and pickup something amazing.

There is street parking, and the road is not busy, so there is plenty of places to park.

Date of visit: August 2018